Penultimate frustration

tassiecelt

There is a lot I could wish to see in this app, text, shapes etc. Only one issue is a glaring shortcoming.

When a drawing is synced with Evernote, there is nothing else I can do with it.

In Evernote, I cannot add to the note with text or any other documents or photos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what is the point? It certainly doesn't fit my workflow where I gather scribbles, post it notes, photos, and other documents to create one note on a job or task.

Every other drawing app I know is able to do this, why not penultimate?

Indeed I think the integration is rather limited, in many of the ways you identify. 

The point, I think, is that your hand-written notes are searchable as text, along with all of your other notes. 

You can also copy the pages from your Penultimate notebook as images and plop them into standard Evernote notes. They will remain searchable there too. 

In fact, I've had luck moving entire penultimate notebooks (which are represented by a single Evernote note) to different notebooks where they are relevant, and they remain accessible in Penultimate. This means you can have your hand written notes alongside your text notes. 

Thanks Scott, copy and Paste...now why didn't I think of that?

it's an extra step, but compared with say...Goodnotes, which takes about six steps to get from the app to EN, that's not too much of a problem.

That's a great work around and will keep me going until hopefully Evernote develope PU a bt more and realise what a great companion to EN it could be.

cheers mate,

Glad I could offer a useful suggestion. It certainly isn't elegant. I too really hope we will see some significant attention directed at penultimate. It certainly isn't being neglected by Evernote, lots of stuff being added fairly regularly, but my wishlist for that application is nevertheless still rather long :)

Cheers!

Archived