Managing accounts- should I have one for personal and one for work? I am a premium users

clsheets70

Idea

Looking for guidance on organizing my Evernote data ...

I am a premium user, and I must purchased the scansnap and LOVE IT.

I have been using evernote primarily for work and a small percentage of personal info.  I purchased the scanner to go as paperless as possible for my personal data.

Question:  would you recommend having two evernote accounts- work and personal?

Thanks for the input!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It's really up to you whether you want to have separate accounts - though it does depend on how friendly your work IT people are towards having company data on external servers,  and their attitude towards personal data on work servers.  For 'best practice' security and confidentiality then yes,  have two separate accounts;  a free work account on your work computer (with local notebooks if necessary),  and your premium account on you home machine;  just share one or more notebooks from home to the work account with edit rights so you can move notes back and forth.

I'm in the happy position of working from home,  so all my files are in one account (and mainly one notebook) - though I also have a few free accounts for testing and sharing from.

• Level 5*

I have a personal account and a work account. I share some notebooks back and forth, but not all of them. My personal account is premium, my work account is free. Seems to work pretty well for me.

• Level 5*

Other than the potential work issues discussed above, ask yourself what information would you want to access from your work and home accounts at the same time.  If not much is the answer, then two accounts and sharing a few or no notes probably makes sense.  A lot of sharing, or you just like the idea of all your notes in one place, then one account.  On the upside, whichever way you go, with the tools available it isn't that hard to either merge or separate later.  So you can't get in too much trouble. 

• Level 5*

Another option is to use one account but put all of your work data into local notebooks.  This works well for me but you do have to be more mindful about backups since none of the work data is on EN servers.

Archived