Penultimate + Evernote

LetMe

Idea

I am attempting to go paper less this semester. As a tech re-vert ( I have the same e-mail from 20 years ago!), I am excited to learn of all the options but unsure how to marriage these options.I want to be able to type and hand write my notes. 

My Questions: How can I sync my Penultimate(on my iPad) with my Evernote (on my Laptop)? Or is there a way I can do it all from my laptop?

3 replies to this idea

Penultimate works only on the iPad. It syncs automatically with Evernote. The relationship is one-way. That is, your penultimate content is saved, and can be viewed in Evernote on any device (including your laptop). 

So, your Penultimate notes are always already stored in Evernote (usually in a notebook called Penultimate). 

This means your penultimate notes will turn up in search results and can be viewed from any Evernote client (your iPad, your laptop, smartphone, web interface, and so on). 

YOU CANNOT:

Add content to penultimate from evernote. That is, you cannot effectively modify penultimate content in Evernote. It is a one way street - Penultimate->Evernote. There is no Evernote->Penultimate communication. 

In penultimate, you can log into your Evernote account. Syncing happens automatically. Penultimate content shows up as notes in Evernote so they will turn up in search results and what not. You can also copy penultimate pages into regular Evernote notes.

See the penultimate getting started guide if you haven't already:

https://evernote.com/penultimate/guide/

Archived