outrageous huge ppt local cache

flyee

Idea

When I was cleaning my Library/Cache, I just found these.

Evernote generates my 4.8 MB ppt to a 1.24 GB inline preview PDF.

Another 5.5 MB pptx to 595 MB pdf.

Another ...

Can EN stop doing these stupid things.

2i8xkkx.png

5mz31w.png

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

When I was cleaning my Library/Cache, I just found these.

Evernote generates my 4.8 MB ppt to a 1.24 GB inline preview PDF.

Another 5.5 MB pptx to 595 MB pdf.

Another ...

Can EN stop doing these stupid things.

This is clearly excessive and unacceptable.  I don't know if it is an Evernote BUG or design flaw, but in either case it needs to be fixed.

Please report this as a bug using the EN Support Ticket (link below).  Begin the Ticket Title with "BUG:" so it is clear you are reporting a bug.

This is clearly excessive and unacceptable.  I don't know if it is an Evernote BUG or design flaw, but in either case it needs to be fixed.

Please report this as a bug using the EN Support Ticket (link below).  Begin the Ticket Title with "BUG:" so it is clear you are reporting a bug.

Thanks, already reported, waiting for response now :)

• Level 5*

flyee, what version of EN Mac are you running?  What Mac OS?

I'm running EN Mac 5.2.2, and I don't have an option to view PPT inline.

EDIT:  Ok, after about 10 min I have the "inline" view option, and EN has created a PDF 126X the size of my PPTX file.  :(

• Level 5*

flyee, since you're on the Beta circuit, can you upgrade to Beta 10 and test with a new Note with a new PPT attachment?

Jack claims it's been fixed:

Yes JM, that was fixed in an earlier beta. You'll find that they get generated at a reasonable size. It was a bug in OSX's quicklook.

Those PDF previews were likely generated by an older version of Evernote. We generate them once and leave them (even if they're huge).

JM, Jack, and cuco:

I've updated to beta 10 and try on a new ppt note. It seems right now, the generated pdf is about 8MB for an 11MB ppt.

I'm deleting all caches and re-caching everything. Let you know later. It should take a while.

Archived