Cannot open evernote anymore

Parker09

I get the following error when i try to open evernote.

Could not open evernote database in C:users\....

Error:  Cant_insert_attrs_table

PLease verify that the path is accessible and try again.

Any ideas?

I already tried to uninstall and install evernote again.

• Level 5*

How long have you been using Evernote? If you have been using it for a while, remove the entire program (back up your .exb file first) using Revo Uninstaller (or similar). Then reinstall the latest version. Which version were you last able to use? If there is a big difference in numbers between the one you had (e.g. Version 3.x to version 5.x), you definitely need the help of the Support desk. Maybe worth contacting them anyway. The link is at the bottom of the main Evernote.com page.

I get the following error when i try to open evernote.

Could not open evernote database in C:users\....

Error:  Cant_insert_attrs_table

PLease verify that the path is accessible and try again.

Any ideas?

I already tried to uninstall and install evernote again.

Sounds like your computer can't find the database.  That's normally a result of someone deleting it (either intentionally or accidentally), virus/malware or a drive that's going bad.

If all your notes were sync'd to the EN servers (and you don't have any local notebooks), you should FULLY uninstall (Windows uninstall is notorious for not removing everything) with the free version of Revo uninstaller, then reinstall & download your database from the EN servers.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone is there anyone to help me?

i have been wrting a scientific thesis for 2 months and all my worked was being stored EN, and at the same time i was thinking my work sync'd to the EN servers, but it wasnt :(... what should i do?, 

Whenever i try to access my exb i get this message:

''Could not open evernote database in ''C:/

Error: Cant_Create_Table

PLease verify that the path is accessible and try again.''

• Level 5*

First of all, go to the EN on the web, sign in, and see if your notes are there.  They should be.

Assuming they are, not sure what platform you are using, but if windows, do a *.exb file search to determine the location of your EN data base.  Go to Tools - Options - General in the desktop client and see if the same location is there.  If not, make a backup copy of the .exb file and then change the location in the General tab to where you found the .exb.  Be sure and make a backup copy of the .exb before doing anything.

Out of interest, did you just do an update of the software?

Archived