Can't reverse mistake made when creating Evernote for Business account

Hi,

I have posted this to support but have not had a satisfactory resolution so far.

1. I have been an Evernote Premium user for years

2. I recently started at a new business and got the go ahead to install Evernote for Business for the team

3. I created an Evernote for Business account using my work email address and did NOT upgrade my Premium account to the Business account so in effect it is a new account (I was concerned about security and privacy of my personal account)

4. After further reading and also experiencing the hassle of having 2 accounts I wish now that I had upgraded my Premium Account to the Business Account

5. I haven't added anything to the Business Account as yet

6. After much frustration there seems to be no way to reverse the mistake made in Step 3 and end up with my Premium Account upgraded to the Business Account

7. I don't want to be have to export notebooks from my premium account and importing into business account due to losing date information

8. I don't want 2 accounts as have to switch accounts on the Mac and login and logout in the iPad and same with Web Clipper.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

• Level 5*

Share some/ all notebooks from your personal premium account with your business personal account? - There's no mechanism (yet) to merge accounts in this situation.  If you search the forum with "personal business merge" you'll see several previous topics on this.

Share some/ all notebooks from your personal premium account with your business personal account? - There's no mechanism (yet) to merge accounts in this situation.  If you search the forum with "personal business merge" you'll see several previous topics on this.

As there is nothing in my business account yet hopefully someone in support can delete the account (so I can use my work email address again) and I can then upgrade my personal account when signing up again for the business account.

This is the answer I am hoping to hear from support soon as I don't want to have to deal with 2 accounts ...

I cannot see why they couldn't facilitate the request, as it is no doubt contractual and billing, they will have to escalate the ticket.

I suppose not all people with Premium will host a Business account and hence the switching is enough as is the exporting Prem into Bus etc..

Your request seems legit so I would keep pushing if I were you.

An Update and Resolution:

The resolution was:

1. Send an invitation to the email address for my personal account from my business account to invite that account to the business account

2. Accept the invitation using my personal account login credentials (with personal email as the business email for the moment)

3. Login to the business account and make the personal account an admin user

4. Login into the now upgraded personal account and revoke access to the original business account (which freed up my work email address and reduced the user license count)

5. Add my work email address in "Security Settings" from the Admin console plus update my Business Profile from "Account Settings"

6. Any business notebooks from my original account remained and available from within the Admin console to share, delete, whatever.

I think all this has worked....

Moral of the story... Strongly suggest you upgrade your personal account to a business account at the start instead of creating a new account...

Archived