searching by latitude

I realize this is not a frequently used option but just humour me. 

If I want to search for my notes with locations in the southern hemisphere I should be able to type 'latitude:-25'

This doesn't want to cooperate and still shows all my notes from everywhere.

Is there a convention used to locate latitude using the minus - symbol

The same goes for longitude for anything West of 0 degrees

Thanks

Andrew

** Windows PC, Evernote 5

• Ex Employees

Using Mac or Windows desktop and iOS devices, you should be able to organize and locate notes with the Atlas feature. By enabling location services on these devices, Evernote will automatically record the location where the note was created. You can sort these by location or with Descriptive search. 

This Knowledge Base article gives a more indepth description of the feature: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23193326

I realize this is not a frequently used option but just humour me. 

If I want to search for my notes with locations in the southern hemisphere I should be able to type 'latitude:-25'

This doesn't want to cooperate and still shows all my notes from everywhere.

Is there a convention used to locate latitude using the minus - symbol

The same goes for longitude for anything West of 0 degrees

Thanks

Andrew

** Windows PC, Evernote 5

To search for notes in the southern hemisphere, use

-latitude:0

This searches for notes with latitude not greater than zero.  For notes south of 25 deg. S (which is what I am guessing was your original intention), use:

-latitude:-25

The search, 'latitude:-25' finds notes with a latitude greater than 25 deg. S, which should capture some in the southern hemisphere, depending on your note locations.  For further information, see the Evernote search grammar.

A similar syntax should work for notes west of Greenwich:

-longitude:0

for notes with longitude not greater than zero or:

longitude:-124.53 -longitude:-66.96

finding all notes with longitude greater than 124.53 deg. W and less than 66.96 deg. W (roughly corresponding to the longitudinal boundaries of the lower 48 states of the US!

Hi David, down there:

I tried -latitude:0 and -latitude:-25, and this still didn't work. I also checked this on Evernote Web to see if it was just a problem with my computer and still no luck.

Following your logic tho' I used latitude:-90 -latitude:0 and this shows all notes in Southern Hemisphere. This can be narrowed down to more specific latitudes. 

The same convention works for longitude W. For example longitude:-130 -longitude:-119 shows notes in British Columbia, Canada

Thank you all for the input

Andrew

Archived