Evernote Website vs. App

I've gone brain-dead.  When I clipped something from my phone and sent it to a notebook in Evernote, it didn't show up on the website notebook.  I had to add it manually.  

The object showed up on phone and tablet.  What am I doing wrong?  I have an icon on my bookmarks bar which opens the website, but the one on my taskbar opens the app.  Once upon a time, I had this all straight.  Whut?  

Any help for this dumb blonde?

MerpsMom

• Level 5*

Sounds like you had a sync problem.  When you clip something on the phone,  the phone has to sync with the Evernote server to pass on the copy of the note.  If you clipped,  then switched straight to the website,  the phone probably hadn't synced yet.  It caught up later,  hence the note on the tablet.  Moral:  sync both BEFORE and AFTER you view or edit notes,  so you're sure you have the latest version.

• Level 5*

Not to steal your topics,  but if you select the notebook,  right-click and "remove from stack" you won't lose any data.  To reassure yourself,  set up a new stack,  add a test notebook and a test note.. and then remove the notebook from the stack.  All you lose is the stack (unless there are other notebooks in there...)

Archived