BUG: Thai font won't display in search bar and subject line

Hello,

Thai font won't display only in search bar and subject line, instead, it shows as squares. Other places such as body, it shows fine.  Please see attached screenshot.  Not sure how to fix this.  I tried to set menu language in Thai and English, but it doesn't help.

I'm running Evernote 5.5.3.4236 on Windows 8.1

Best regards,

-pumin

post-131166-0-01705000-1408340492_thumb.

• Level 5*

If you don't have any notes using that font,  why type it into the search bar?  I was trying to work out whether the font is unrecognised by Evernote,  or whether it might be a problem with your operating system.  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket on this to get an Evernote response.

Hello Gazumped,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will create supporting ticket.

On red circle #1,  when I switch keyboard in Thai and type in Thai, Thai character doesn't show.  Then I switch keyboard to English and type in English, English character shows fine.  I have no control of selecting font on search bar.  

On blue circle, I select font "TH Charmonman", and that shows correct in note.  However, when Evernote copies first line of note on to subject line (Red circle #2), Thai characters change to square, while English character shows fine.  eg. XXXXXXX ABCDEFG.    I have no control of selecting font on subject line.

Best Regards,

Pumin

post-131166-0-79914300-1408422899_thumb.

• Ex Employees

Hello Gazumped,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will create supporting ticket.

On red circle #1,  when I switch keyboard in Thai and type in Thai, Thai character doesn't show.  Then I switch keyboard to English and type in English, English character shows fine.  I have no control of selecting font on search bar.  

On blue circle, I select font "TH Charmonman", and that shows correct in note.  However, when Evernote copies first line of note on to subject line (Red circle #2), Thai characters change to square, while English character shows fine.  eg. XXXXXXX ABCDEFG.    I have no control of selecting font on subject line.

Best Regards,

Pumin

If you share your Ticket # I would be happy to further investigate. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived