Working on EN Files between home and work computers and Saving Data

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but here goes.  I use on time tracker called EZ Analyze for work purposes.  It is an Excel document. Because I work from home as well, I thought it would be perfect to put the document in EN and be able to transition that way between computers.  Unfortunately, all data that I assume is being saved, is not.  Can anyone help me with saving the data with the EN system? Another issue is that the document always asks me to make a back up version upon closing out and saves to the desktop, not EN.  

I am very grateful for suggestions that anyone has!

• Level 5*

Hi - are you working on the web version of Evernote,  or on an installed desktop version?  Provided you sync your devices one more time after you have finished editing the spreadsheet,  the new version should be available to you as an attachment to the note when you next open the app.  If it is not,  you may be doing something wrong at a critical stage.  The basic operation is:

1. open spreadsheet attached to note
  2. edit as necessary
  3. save file
  4. sync Evernote
  5. change location.. repeat step 1

-are you doing something differently?

Hi - are you working on the web version of Evernote,  or on an installed desktop version?  Provided you sync your devices one more time after you have finished editing the spreadsheet,  the new version should be available to you as an attachment to the note when you next open the app.  If it is not,  you may be doing something wrong at a critical stage.  The basic operation is:

• open spreadsheet attached to note
  • edit as necessary
  • save file
  • sync Evernote
  • change location.. repeat step 1
  • sync Evernote (to get modified note from cloud to different location)
  • go to step 1
-are you doing something differently?

Sorry but I think there is a step left out...

Thank you so much for the reply. I am using Evernote from the web, not an app.  I gotta tell you, I am going crazy trying to find a way to sync from EN.

The web client does not sync, since it is modifying the notes on the Evernote servers (aka "cloud"). (It's always helpful to mention what client(s) you're using when asking for help.)

It is also worth noting that modifying attachments when accessing the web interface is a bit more of a chore. You have to download the attachment to the local computer, make your changes, save those changes to your local system, then re-attach the modified file to the Evernote note.

If you use the desktop client, the process is far simpler and more streamlined. You would follow the routine outlined by Gazumped (and elaborated on by Burgs).

Archived