New Safari Web Clipper Seriously Impaired

eppe

Evidently in the last 48 hours, the web clipper for Safari has been updated.   It now has serious flaws.  The option to use "simplified article" always returns a blank page and clips nothing.  If I use one of the other article selection methods, it may or may not clip the article but it almost ALWAYS freezes and won't clear the follow-up dialog stating that the clip was successful.  To clear it, I have to reload the page.  The funniest part is the little request for "give feedback" on the new version was frozen and would not let me give feedback.  I also tried setting the Options to always use certain options and they will not save and retain my choices. Options revert to default.  Please put the old clipper back.  I can't get my work done.   Version is 6.2.4 (fc552eb/1.1.0.775).    And yes, I tried this on several Mac machines and they all had the same result - a flawed and unusable clipper.

Time to turn auto-update off for your extensions! :)

That's a pretty big set of errors. I think a more reasonable request will be to have those bs fixed. Evernote are not going to give the old clipper back.

EN staff read these forums so you can be assured that they are aware of this post and your issues.

For me, it appears that the most recent version of Safari, Version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2), has broken the clipper altogether. Clicking the icon does nothing, and attempts to reinstall also do nothing. The version for Chrome still works just fine though. . . 

For me, it appears that the most recent version of Safari, Version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2), has broken the clipper altogether. Clicking the icon does nothing, and attempts to reinstall also do nothing. The version for Chrome still works just fine though. . . 

I had the same issue, button was unresponsive, but the hotkey seemed to work. I think this was around the time the update was released and Safari auto-updated but it seemed to not go as smoothly as it could have. 

Evidently in the last 48 hours, the web clipper for Safari has been updated.   It now has serious flaws.  The option to use "simplified article" always returns a blank page and clips nothing.  If I use one of the other article selection methods, it may or may not clip the article but it almost ALWAYS freezes and won't clear the follow-up dialog stating that the clip was successful.  To clear it, I have to reload the page.  The funniest part is the little request for "give feedback" on the new version was frozen and would not let me give feedback.  I also tried setting the Options to always use certain options and they will not save and retain my choices. Options revert to default.  Please put the old clipper back.  I can't get my work done.   Version is 6.2.4 (fc552eb/1.1.0.775).    And yes, I tried this on several Mac machines and they all had the same result - a flawed and unusable clipper.

I just tried to reproduce your issue and couldn't Simplified Article mode displays what I'd expect it to display, and clips the content just fine....  Doesn't mean it isn't still a bug, but it clearly isn't impacting every installation. 

Archived