A way to get back to default format after pasting in content

I often post from web pages into my notes.  The format of the pasted content then remains if I type in further content.  Is there a way to easily go back to my default content w/o resorting to tricks like pasting old content back in, or making sure I have at least one CR already w/ old format prior to pasting?  I don't want to simplify formatting and lost the formatting for the pasted content.

Thanks

• Level 5*

CMD-Z will UNDO the last action you made in the Note.  You can do multiple CMD-Z until the pasted content is removed.

There is probably some limit to the number of CMD-Z that Evernote supports, but I don't know what it is.

• Level 5*

I often post from web pages into my notes.  The format of the pasted content then remains if I type in further content.  Is there a way to easily go back to my default content w/o resorting to tricks like pasting old content back in, or making sure I have at least one CR already w/ old format prior to pasting?  I don't want to simplify formatting and lost the formatting for the pasted content.

Thanks

I think I may have misunderstood your question in my first response.

If you want to return to the format of the Note before you made the paste, you can try the following, but it may not be possible:

• Press CMD+DownArrow

I have observed the same issue.  It doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough to be very annoying and to cause problems in typing further content.

So, if it does happen, and the CMD+DownArrow doesn't work, I usually do the following:

1. Press CMD+Z until the paste is undone.
  2. Press RETURN
  3. Press UpArrow
  4. Then do the paste (CMD+V)
  5. Press DownArrow (which should put you on the line with formatting prior to the Paste)
  • 3 months later...

I agree, it's very frustrating. I keep a line of jibberish unformatted text at the bottom of my notes so that I can move my curser down and flush out the formatting. I often post web content in my notes (dictionary.com definitions, formatted text) and then go back to writing notes. If I post the web content without stowing some text to leech off of at the bottom it seems I'm stuck with the web formatting.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/17/2014 at 5:44 PM, etcetc said:

Seems like there is no "clean" way of changing the formatting for the new line: something like "use normal style", like word processors have.

Actually there is:  Format > Simplify Formatting

• Select text, and apply
  • Don't select anything, and it is applied to whole note.

Archived