Ability with Shortcuts - Enhancement request?

Hi, is there a way for a shortcut (an item on the shortcut menu) to have the sort column and sort order specified? E.g. my "regular" En is sorted by Last Updated column, but I would like my "Travel" shortcut to be sorted in Title order.

In the middle of a project, I need to look something up. What I really want to do is to keep my place in the currently-used search and start a new search. When I'm done with the new search, I can go back to my place where I was working.

Can either of these be done? If not, how do I put them on the feature request list? Any one else think these would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

There is no way to do this. Shortcuts are just links to specific notes, tags, notebooks, stacks, or saved searches. None of these allow any way to specify note list sorting. I've thought for awhile that being able to specify sort parameters in search filters would be useful.

One thing that might work for you in this case is that you can go back through your history stack (the left/right triangles in the toolbar) to get to a previously visited note, but that doesn't retain sort order as far as I can tell.

Evernote staff do read all posts, so you can consider this to be a feature request. Or you can submit a support request.

Jeff, do you recommend asking support about the issue in order for the feature request to be logged? I have tagged the remark with "feature request". Think that's enough?

• Level 5*

Hi, is there a way for a shortcut (an item on the shortcut menu) to have the sort column and sort order specified?

In the Windows client you can drag and drop your shortcuts to put them in the order you want.

TdeV is asking for shortcuts that filter notes to be able to specify sort parameters in the resulting note list, not a way to order shortcuts on the toolbar.

• Level 5*

Jeff, do you recommend asking support about the issue in order for the feature request to be logged? I have tagged the remark with "feature request". Think that's enough?

To tell you the truth, I don't know what the best option is. I do know that all posts are read by Evernote staff, and that should be enough, I'd guess. This type of functionality has been requested before, so I'm reasonably sure they know of the desire for it. Beyond that, it's up to you...

Hi, is there a way for a shortcut (an item on the shortcut menu) to have the sort column and sort order specified?

In the Windows client you can drag and drop your shortcuts to put them in the order you want.

TdeV is asking for shortcuts that filter notes to be able to specify sort parameters in the resulting note list, not a way to order shortcuts on the toolbar.

Oops, I stand corrected, thanks. :)

Archived