HP Deskjet All-in-One 3050a

TAG1132

Idea

What's the best way (if any) to scan directly into Evernote with this printer?  Right now I'm scanning it in and then sending it via email from my Mac.  I would love to be able to avoid that step and just scan right into Evernote.  I'm not too hopeful though since HP couldn't help but I figured I would try on this end and see if anyone knows how.  Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this idea

open Image Capture (use spotlight if you have to)

in the Scan To drop down choose "other"

select evernote.app

Now anytime you want to scan use image capture and make sure Evernote is showing in the "Scan To" box, it should automatically make a new note for the scan, at least it does for me.

• Level 5*

What's the best way (if any) to scan directly into Evernote with this printer?  Right now I'm scanning it in and then sending it via email from my Mac.  I would love to be able to avoid that step and just scan right into Evernote.  I'm not too hopeful though since HP couldn't help but I figured I would try on this end and see if anyone knows how.  Thanks in advance!

You can also just drag the scanned document to the Evernote icon in the Dock, or into an existing EN Note.

Finally, you can setup an Evernote Import folder using Applescript.  See this Veritrope.com article for details.

Archived