✔ SOLVED-How to search source for files in C

lisec

SOLVED:

Answer:  search for sourceurl.  This provides all the results I needed:  sourceurl:file://C:\Users\Me\Documents*

I didn't know there was a sourceurl field.

How can I find the notes that have files on my drive as a source?

There doesn't seem to be a way to search specifically for "files on drive" sort of thing, so to get around that I figured I would try searching for a string in the source field, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I want to find all notes that have my hard drive in the source field (e.g., file://C:\Users\Me\Documents\Aioli.txt or just C:\Users\Me\Documents\Aioli.txt).

The first thing I did was to see if I could select "source" as a column in list view, to give me an idea of what to search for.  (View > List View, then right-click on column headers and select "Source" and "Source App".

I see things like "Clearly", "web.clip", "apps.ms.outlook" but any of the notes that come from my desktop computer have a blank source.  So I figured all that is left is to search for strings that are found within the source.

I have tried all of the following:

• file://C:\  but this returns too many files including those that do not have this in the source.
  • //C:\Users same thing - too many hits
  • c:\users* also works in the same way

But the minute I add source: in front of any of these searches, I get no results.

• source:File://C
  • source://*
  • source:c:\*

I looked to my favourite resource for search grammar (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php) but it pretty much says to search for anything that can be displayed in the "source" or "Source App" columns in List View.

Archived