Importing RTF to Evernote Mac

richb1

Idea

Hi there - I'm trying to move over to Evernote from SOHO Notes Mac and having a bit of a problem.

I can easily export all my SOHO notes as individual RTF notes.  These notes all look fine in any normal text application (TextEdit, Textwrangler, Mac finder, etc...).  I should be able to just drag these notes onto the Evernote icon in the dock and have them import; most of them do, but some don't; they just come in as blank notes labeled "untitled clipped note".  I can see no difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't, but it makes it impossible for me to reliably move all of my notes (maybe 400) over to Evernote.

Any thoughts about why this is happening, and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

Rich B

2013 Macbook Air

Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.3

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There was a glitch in importing notes from (I think) Outlook to Evernote when the Outlook note title wasn't correctly formatted in the output file.  Your problem may be related to some problem with note titles;  but I'd suggest the 'easy' way to deal with it would be to import your notes and assign them to a temporary notebook. Sort the notes by title to see how many are showing 'untitled clipped note'.  If there aren't too many,  cut and paste the content and the title from the original into the note.  If there are dozens,  try re-exporting from SOHO and re-import to Evernote.

Thanks Gazumped!

I've tried re-exporting, and the same notes don't transfer.  Problem is, the import stops when it runs across one of these notes (which look exactly the same as others to me in Textwrangler), so I'll have to go through importing until it stops, find the offending note, manually copy it in, then try another batch, etc, etc.  Not the end of the world, but could take a while.  Was hoping there was something out there that might handle these issues.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

rich

Odd. I successfully imported 1400 text (either .txt or .rtf or .rtfd) from Yojimbo to Evernote. They all imported fine, save for a couple malformed ones that had been corrupted in Yojimbo and where thus 0 byte files.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues. I've done this with Evernote 5.5, as well as with Evernote 5.6 beta 5.

Archived