Changing language

As a demo, I changed my iOS from Norwegian to Finnish - and back to N again. It all went well except from Evernote... Having had too many attempt to "guess" the right (Finnish) button to use, I am now desperately stuck on what looks like the login page - in Finnish! Have I now lost all my notes, or can anybody pls help? Needless to say, I'm rather desperate (long time since I logged in for the first time). And, if possible, how to get E back to Norwegian?

post-216025-0-68960500-1407861260_thumb.

Well the first area is "Email address". The second is "password". That should get you back into the app at the very least. 

If IOS hasn't changed back, I'd suggest logging into our web client and going to your personal settings and making sure that Norwegian is selected there, then hopping onto the IOS client, log in, and sync. If you're still reading Finnish and your IOS settings and Evernote Web settings all point to Norwegian, then we *may* have a bug on our hands. I just ran a test on my iPhone between English/French and Evernote switched back and forth fine--though it could be language specific.

It may also be worth trying to toggle between Finnish and Norwegian on your iOS client one more time to see if Evernote got "stuck" at some point when IOS was handling the language change.

No, still not able to get Evernote back to Norwegian. But, after some attempts, I managed to get ENote in Swedish, which is easier for me to read. But still annoying... NOT attempted to toggle between Norw and Finnish once more.

Have tried several times, with restarting iPad with on/off only, and also using home+start buttons for more than 10 secs. Without luck. I am glad I didn't try Chinese - which was my first thought and very attempting, just to see what the menues would look like... Must be a bug!

Sorry I wasn't of any help. Wish you good luck in future...

No, still not able to get Evernote back to Norwegian. But, after some attempts, I managed to get ENote in Swedish, which is easier for me to read. But still annoying... NOT attempted to toggle between Norw and Finnish once more.

Have tried several times, with restarting iPad with on/off only, and also using home+start buttons for more than 10 secs. Without luck. I am glad I didn't try Chinese - which was my first thought and very attempting, just to see what the menues would look like... Must be a bug!

Sorry I wasn't of any help. Wish you good luck in future...

Happy you landed on a language you can read, but to clarify, you never tried to switch back to Norwegian? I would try to switch between Swedish and Norwegian on IOS, seeing as how you can partially read the former, and see if Evernote makes the switch with it.

Kristin--I would suggest the same--toggling IOS between English and another language to see if Evernote makes the correct change. We don't have any language controls in the Evernote client that you could change, so it's quite possible the app got "stuck" on the language you momentarily toggled to.

Of course, the first thing I did was to change back to Norwegian! I have also toggled between Swedish and Norwegian several times, with no luck. I do not remember how I succeeded with Swedish, feel tried "everything" - toggling and restarting. Thx for answers.

Thanks for the clarification!

Poked around a bit more, and other apps have become "stuck" on IOS7 seem to run into a "reordering change" issue that can be fixed with these instructions: 

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/126217/apps-and-games-automatically-in-wrong-language

This is a little more nuclear and is really for if uninstalling the app has failed to fix, but there may also be an instance where the app's iCloud backup preferences could be stuck even after an uninstall/reinstall, because it keeps pulling the saved iCloud data from the cloud. Information on what apps you're backing up (and how to delete or remove them from your backup) are here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12791

Archived