Is there a way to verify time stamp authenticity in a note?

I am on the verge of creating a task sheet note for students that will have them use the "Insert Time" function that exists on Evernote Desktop versions. 

A thought caused me to stop and post this question. Is there a way I can look into the note to see whether the time stamp is actually from the menu command or whether it was done manually.

I want an actual time that the student started and stopped the activity/task. My fear is that they can just manually type in the time thereby falsifying their actual start and completion times.

Is there a way I can look into the structure/command-line/skeleton, whatever, of the note to see if they used the 'Insert Time" function or typed it themselves?

Thanks

• Level 5*

I am on the verge of creating a task sheet note for students that will have them use the "Insert Time" function that exists on Evernote Desktop versions. 

A thought caused me to stop and post this question. Is there a way I can look into the note to see whether the time stamp is actually from the menu command or whether it was done manually.

I want an actual time that the student started and stopped the activity/task. My fear is that they can just manually type in the time thereby falsifying their actual start and completion times.

Is there a way I can look into the structure/command-line/skeleton, whatever, of the note to see if they used the 'Insert Time" function or typed it themselves?

Thanks

Hi. No, there isn't. My recommendation would be to use Blackboard or some other software product specifically designed to help teachers evaluate students through tests and so forth. Evernote does a lot of great things. So do hammers :) But, neither are very good solutions for the task you are attempting. 

Archived