What kind of privacy settings are in place for sharing notes?

I have a question regarding the sharing of notes.

I use my Evernote professionally, privately, and to keep notes of my online presence. Sometimes I'd like to share notes with friends, family, co-workers etc.

I don't mind they know who I am. But... I'd also like to be able to share my notes to some of my online friends and acquaintances, but I'm not as much interested in giving away my full name, private email address or anything like this for such purposes. If I share a note with someone, is there anyway they can discover either of those? I've tried opening a shared note, without being able to discern any such thing, but I'm really bad at computers so I figured I'd ask someone who probably knew!

Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid, but I've had uncomfortable experiences in the past I'd really prefer not to repeat, so I tend to err on the side of caution.

• Level 5*

If you're worried about you non-shared information being available,  then don't be.  Your sharees can only see what's in the note(s) in front of them.  The risk of someone hacking into your data through a shared note is (AFAIK) much less than that of someone else getting a look at your notes (and everything else) through an unlocked device if you forget to secure it before you walk away for a meeting or a coffee.  If you're concerned about your email address / account name showing in the note details,  that can be addressed by your opening an avatar' email address and another free Evernote account to go with it.  Share your notes from your main account to the avatar account,  move them into another note book and share out from there.  There's no connection between the shared data and your original account,  or you.

If you're concerned about your email address / account name showing in the note details,  that can be addressed by your opening an avatar' email address and another free Evernote account to go with it.  Share your notes from your main account to the avatar account,  move them into another note book and share out from there.  There's no connection between the shared data and your original account,  or you.

Ah, that suits my purposes! Thank you kindly :)

Archived