False search results with OCR and short words

Does anyone else have this problem. When I search all of my notes for a short word, let's say "zoo", Evernote returns several interesting false results. It will return all of the notes with the word "zoo" as it should but it will also return photos that have no words in them at all. These photos will have a yellow highlight in a complex area of the photo, for instance in the sand on a beach. I find that if I type any three letter word into the Evernotes search box, at least one and as many as four false positives will be returned similar to the one described above. Has anyone else encountered this. It isn't much of a problem for most of my searches consist of several words but it still bothers me.  

• Level 5*

Does anyone else have this problem. When I search all of my notes for a short word, let's say "zoo", Evernote returns several interesting false results. It will return all of the notes with the word "zoo" as it should but it will also return photos that have no words in them at all. These photos will have a yellow highlight in a complex area of the photo, for instance in the sand on a beach. I find that if I type any three letter word into the Evernotes search box, at least one and as many as four false positives will be returned similar to the one described above. Has anyone else encountered this. It isn't much of a problem for most of my searches consist of several words but it still bothers me.  

Hi. It's the expected result of how Evernote's OCR works for images. 

http://blog.evernote.com/tech/2013/07/18/how-evernotes-image-recognition-works/

Archived