Better in sync with websockets

why you dont use sockets(permanent connection to the server) for syncing content over the internet. instead of syncing all notes every 30min(15min) to the server you could sync each note immediately after editing. so you could prevent sync errors, e.g. when some note have inconsistent copies on another client.

could you handle this like google docs? it sucks so much because i never know whether my new notes are already syncrhonized or not. on google docs i type something and google sync it immediately to the server

• Level 5*

Try the latest Mac beta if you can - it syncs changes immediately. Guessing that it will also come to Windows at some point.

Is that a good thing?  My Windows set-up already takes a second or two to handle edits and new notes,  presumably for indexing and data management (on a big database).

• Level 5*

I guess the Windows developers will take that into account.

Here's an extract from the 5.6 release notes

Speed:

• Sync is more than 3x faster. Users with lots of shared notebooks and Evernote Business users will see the biggest improvements.
  • New notes sync instantly so they’re immediately accessible on your other devices.
  • Share notes without waiting for a sync to complete.
  • Level 5*

Gaz, just move to the superior OS and hardware experience and you can live the good life.

By the way, my beta version has been syncing non-stop since I installed it - living the good life!

• Level 5*

Yeah,  right.  Should've realised Windows is clearly the best and most popular OS - they're just working out the bugs with the minority audience and Macs before they port it to a 'proper' system...

:D

Archived