Urgent: Lost my smartphone: how to disable Evernote from my computer

Hi,

I want to make Evernote not visible on my smartphone I did not set up a PIN code on the phoneI. If I change my password from Evernote web site, will Evernote on the smartphone be disable?

If not, what should I do to avoid other people to look at my notes?

Thanks in advance

Changing your password on the web interface is step 1.

If I am incorrect with the following, I am sure someone will speak up:

Once the password is changed, when the phone tries to sync with the EN servers, it should request the password before allowing any notes to be viewed.  With a possible exception;

Cache size on the phone will determine how much of your data may still be lingering on the phone before asking for the new password.

Did you have a "Local Notebook" created on the phone? If yes, then they have that info. It probably will not require a password to open EN without the PIN setup.

If you do not have a Local Notebook, then what may be lingering may be visible.

Being able to wipe the phone clean of your EN information is not possible unless you have a specific app installed to do so.  Which is doubtful since you are asking.  This has got to be a horrible sinking feeling in which I wish someone could be directly helpful.  However, I think you may be lingering in the open for a while.  

That is my nice way of saying that I do not know of a Step 2, except running a skip trace on the phone.  That can be done via a Private Investigator or law enforcement.  

Hi,

I want to make Evernote not visible on my smartphone I did not set up a PIN code on the phoneI. If I change my password from Evernote web site, will Evernote on the smartphone be disable?

If not, what should I do to avoid other people to look at my notes?

Thanks in advance

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/63766-stolen-laptop-prevent-access-changing-password-is-not-enough/

That should teach me to keep my mouth shut!  The next time you see me post, remind me to stop!

I had forgotten about the ability to revoke access.  Thank you BNF!

You can revoke access to the device via the Applications Settings in your account on Evernote.com.

Changing your password on the web interface is step 1.

If I am incorrect with the following, I am sure someone will speak up:

Once the password is changed, when the phone tries to sync with the EN servers, it should request the password before allowing any notes to be viewed.  With a possible exception;

Cache size on the phone will determine how much of your data may still be lingering on the phone before asking for the new password.

Did you have a "Local Notebook" created on the phone? If yes, then they have that info. It probably will not require a password to open EN without the PIN setup.

If you do not have a Local Notebook, then what may be lingering may be visible.

Being able to wipe the phone clean of your EN information is not possible unless you have a specific app installed to do so.  Which is doubtful since you are asking.  This has got to be a horrible sinking feeling in which I wish someone could be directly helpful.  However, I think you may be lingering in the open for a while.  

That is my nice way of saying that I do not know of a Step 2, except running a skip trace on the phone.  That can be done via a Private Investigator or law enforcement.

Another correction...mobile clients do not have local notebooks. Premium users can set up offline notebooks, that are accessible when you don't have an internet connection. IDK if that what you are referring to. And yes, if OP had offline notebooks, no PIN on the device & no PIN on the EN app, anyone can view those notes, unless OP logged out of the app.

OP, the time to ask these questions is BEFORE your device gets lost/stolen. If you had a pin code on the device and one on the EN app (premium feature), it would be difficult for anyone to view any notes that are cached on your phone.

Thank you for your answers. In fact, my device is not stolen but sent to the customer support for repair or exchange. I soaked it in the creek while fishing... I put it in the rice for 2 days, but It did not work. I don't know what they do with the device after the exchange so I am freaking out. I set up a PIN code for the device but not for EN because I am constantly looking at it. I cannot use Android Device manager because my phone is not working. Revoking the acces is the best solution .Thanks for the tip. Backup codes comes handy when you cannot receive messages from EN to open the personal settings.

Thank you for your answers. In fact, my device is not stolen but sent to the customer support for repair or exchange. I soaked it in the creek while fishing... I put it in the rice for 2 days, but It did not work. I don't know what they do with the device after the exchange so I am freaking out. I set up a PIN code for the device but not for EN because I am constantly looking at it. I cannot use Android Device manager because my phone is not working. Revoking the acces is the best solution .Thanks for the tip. Backup codes comes handy when you cannot receive messages from EN to open the personal settings.

OP, the time to ask these questions is BEFORE your device gets lost/stolen broken. If you had a pin code on the device and one on the EN app (premium feature), it would be difficult for anyone to view any notes that are cached on your phone.

Archived