Problems sharing Notebooks and Notes

We are new users. I set up an account and paying $10 per month to share with my marketing person. When I share a notebook with her she gets email to except but when she creates a note and shares with me I don't see. We need to be able to collaborate back and forth. Any help is appreciated!

• Level 5*

If she's just making a new note in a shared notebook, you don't get emails for that, though you could probably implement this using a 3rd-party service like IFTTT or Zapier.

If you want to see recent activity in a shared notebook, you should filter on that notebook and notes authored by her (e.g. "notebook:<shared notebook name> author:<her account name>" (I'd create a saved search for this), and sort the list by either Created Date (you'll see recently created notes at the top of the list) or Updated Date (you'll see recently updated notes at the top of the list)

If one Notebook is enough for you as a team, you might be better off with one of you having a Premium account @ $45 per year or $5.00 per month, and the other one of you having a free account.

The Premium user could then Share one Notebook with the other person, giving them full editing permission so you can collaborate. And for less money if I understood your post correctly.

Thanks for the replies. We will be creating and using several notebooks and notes within each. I created the account and add her so I'll be charged $20 per month. I want each of us to be able to create a share notebooks and be able to view and edit each others notes as needed. Right now we can both create notebooks but I am the only one who can share a notebook with her and her be able to view. When she creates a notebook and shares with me I never see it or receive an email. 

• Level 5*

Thanks for the replies. We will be creating and using several notebooks and notes within each. I created the account and add her so I'll be charged $20 per month. I want each of us to be able to create a share notebooks and be able to view and edit each others notes as needed. Right now we can both create notebooks but I am the only one who can share a notebook with her and her be able to view. When she creates a notebook and shares with me I never see it or receive an email. 

How are you paying $20/ month?  (More importantly,  who to?) 

Free users get to share one notebook with someone with full editing rights.  In a pinch you and your wife could both have free accounts,  share one notebook with each other,  and not pay anything to anyone.  If you need to share more notebooks,  the person who 'owns' the notebooks being shared needs to be Premium.  Conceivably both of you might have to be premium to share multiple notebooks.

You won't see an email about shared notebooks unless the sharing partner creates one - it would be useful to know what steps your wife goes through to try and share an email...

• Level 5*

In addition to what gazumped said, free users can also share view-only notebooks (no editing rights), as many as they like, as well as one notebook with editing privileges.

Archived