I can't find the trash folder

Hello

I deleted a note by accident. I checked the help section which told me to look in my trash folder but I don't have one! Suggestions please!

It's always helpful to mention what client you're using, when asking for help. 

• Level 5

Hello

I deleted a note by accident. I checked the help section which told me to look in my trash folder but I don't have one! Suggestions please!

The trash used to be very obvious, but Evernote downsized it and changed its appearance so that it looks like a normal notebook.

In Windows, scroll down through your list of Notebooks to the very last notebook. 

The next entry is where the trash is now located (hidden)

Thank you to all who responded.I did in fact log onto my laptop & I did find the trash folder as stated. However it isn't on my Galaxy Note 2 phone nor can I find it on my tablet which is a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.4. Those are the platforms that I use the most. Thanks again! I just need to be more careful in deleting stuff. 

Unfortunately, mobile devices do not have the Trash option. I think they did at one point but recieved too many complaints about how easy it was to accidentally trash notes they didn't want to. At least I think that's the story.

Unfortunately, mobile devices do not have the Trash option. I think they did at one point but recieved too many complaints about how easy it was to accidentally trash notes they didn't want to. At least I think that's the story.

Thank you to all who responded.I did in fact log onto my laptop & I did find the trash folder as stated. However it isn't on my Galaxy Note 2 phone nor can I find it on my tablet which is a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.4. Those are the platforms that I use the most. Thanks again! I just need to be more careful in deleting stuff.

iOS has trash. Android apparently does not.

• 4 months later...

Others have mentioned that you can find the Trash folder under your list of Notebooks.  You still might not be able to see this, though, unless you're looking at the list of Notebooks on the left panel, which you may have disabled.  Go to View > Left Panel and enable it, and Trash will be visible under the notebooks list, even though it isn't visible under the list of notebook options on the Note List panel.

• 3 months later...

Your only hope is to use either EN for Windows/Mac or EN Web, find the 'Trash' notebook and see whether your note is there.  If it is, click 'Restore' to return it to the location from which it was deleted.

• 2 months later...
  • Ex Employees

The 'Trash' notebook is a synced notebook and is found at the bottom of your notebooks list in Evernote for Mac, Windows Desktop, Web, iOS and Android. Note: The 'Trash' notebook is not available on Windows Phone or BlackBerry devices.

To restore notes from the 'Trash' notebook, select the note or notes you want to restore, then click the RestoreRestore Note or Restore Selected Notes button, depending on your device.

Any content you empty from the 'Trash' notebook will be removed from your account and is unrecoverable. On a desktop computer, right-click on a notebook and select Empty Trash to remove all your deleted notes. To remove an individual notes, select one or more notes and select Erase note or Erase Selected Notes. When you Empty or Erase notes, they will be removed from all devices next time you sync Evernote on that device.

Once notes are emptied from your trash, the content is no longer recoverable (even by Evernote Support). Be careful to only delete notes you’re absolutely sure you won't ever need again.

You can find more instructions on how to delete notes and notebooks, locate, and manage your trash folder here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23176542

Archived