Updating a Word document

When you revise a document original, located  on the computer, will the doc automatically sync with the doc dragged to Evernote? Or can you ONLY revise on Evernote copy, which populates only to Evernote on other devises, not to the original document?

When you revise a document original, located  on the computer, will the doc automatically sync with the doc dragged to Evernote? Or can you ONLY revise on Evernote copy, which populates only to Evernote on other devises, not to the original document?

Howdy.

... will the doc automatically sync with the doc dragged to Evernote?

ANS:  Yes.

• If I have a previous version of a Word doc or PDF already attach within EN that I have an update for... I R-Click on the file and cut it (drop-down menu).
  • NEXT:  Drag the updated file from WIN Explorer to the specific location/position you've alloted in the EN note.
  • NEXT:  Click "CTRL + S" (save) and then "F9" (synch).
  • NEXT:  This will successfully populate Evernote and all other devises when they are RESYNCHED.
  • DONE.

I hope this proves helpful.

Alan

thank you.  It sounds like you said the file DOESN'T automatically update unless you drag the updated computer-based copy to EN.  

That makes sense, it's not like groupware (Central Desktop for instance).  

I often revise the EN copy, if I'm traveling, at the movies, whatEVER, thus EN copy is most updated.  If I need a computer copy, I should drag the EN version BACK to the computer.  The reason I would do this is that (I'm using a MAC) TimeCapsule updates x times a day.

thank you for your response .... so quickly.  I LOVE user forums.

• Level 5*

Simplest way to do this is to only update the Evernote version of your document.

There is no need to drag it out of Evernote, just double click on the attachment and it will open in your default app. Make your changes, save as usual.

Archived