Evernote for Android tag hierarchy gone

When trying to tag a new note created in Evernote for Android, the tag list has no hierarchy, rather its in alphabetical order. Anyone else find this counter-intuitive? I've gone through the trouble of creating the tag hierarchy only to have it removed when needed in Android. If any dev's are checking this out, this is just a constructive criticism of EN5 for Android. It would be more efficient to have the tag hierarchy maintained  when trying to tag a note in Android.

The only workaround I know is to create tags that have the hierarchy in them. This becomes cumbersome and the tags get long. For example:

Projects

Projects.Work

Projects.Personal

Projects.Home

Projects.Home.Basement

Projects.Home.Attic

Music

Music.Business

Music.Songs

Music.Song Ideas

Music.Song Ideas.Completed

etc.

• Level 5*

The Android tag edit control uses whatever characters you've typed to filter the flat tag list: type a few characters, select the tag. This is pretty common throughout the Evernote clients that I use (Windows, Web, Android). If you can remember your tag names, then it's not too difficult, though I'd usually do the bulk of my tagging on a desktop machine (though without using the hierarchically presented tag panel): the desktop clients do have the ability to tag multiple notes in one go, very handy. The concatenated.tag.hierarchy.scheme doesn't work so well with this type of UI: it may lead to too many matches for common prefixes, and excessively long tag names.

The Android tag edit control uses whatever characters you've typed to filter the flat tag list: type a few characters, select the tag. This is pretty common throughout the Evernote clients that I use (Windows, Web, Android). If you can remember your tag names, then it's not too difficult, though I'd usually do the bulk of my tagging on a desktop machine (though without using the hierarchically presented tag panel): the desktop clients do have the ability to tag multiple notes in one go, very handy. The concatenated.tag.hierarchy.scheme doesn't work so well with this type of UI: it may lead to too many matches for common prefixes, and excessively long tag names.

The "concatenated.tag.hierarchy.scheme" is a bust for sure. Unfortunately, it's the only workaround I know. That and remembering all your tags, like you suggested. The issue I bring up is when I have a new note and I'd like to scroll through the list of tags to tag that note. At that point, it would be very helpful to have the hierarchy in tact. But yes, regardless of hierarchy, the list will begin to filter when typing in a tag.

Archived