Can I use 2 browsers with evernote?

I am a new user and am finding myself clipping a lot of web pages (mostly receipts and travel confirmations).  I want to use clearly, but I am a IE user...so can I use firefox when I need to?  Surely I wouldn't need two accounts, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I am a new user and am finding myself clipping a lot of web pages (mostly receipts and travel confirmations).  I want to use clearly, but I am a IE user...so can I use firefox when I need to?  Surely I wouldn't need two accounts, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I clip to the same Evernote account using Firefox and Chrome often. You just open each browser, make sure you have the associated EN clipper installed & clip away.

Do you have to have EN open in both browsers?  That seems to be my problem...or I don't know what I am doing. LOL  I am finding I have to close EN, and open it in the specific browser.  Is that what you are doing?  I think I am making this harder than it needs to be...

Do you have to have EN open in both browsers? That seems to be my problem...or I don't know what I am doing. LOL I am finding I have to close EN, and open it in the specific browser. Is that what you are doing? I think I am making this harder than it needs to be...

To clip from a browser, you do not open Evernote in the browser. You use the associated Evernote web clipper. It will need your EN account login credentials to send the clip to EN.

sigh.  I am sorry to be such a pain.  I right click in a webpage and click "clip page" and I get nothing.  Same thing with "clip URL."  The only one that responds is the "new note."  It comes up immediately to create a new note.  Am I doing something wrong?  I downloaded Foxfire today, and the browser is working great, but I am not getting the result I wanted for evernote...

• Level 5*

When you have Clipper installed from the appropriate app store of your browser(s),  you'll have an Evernote icon on your browser tool bar.  When you're looking at a page you want to clip,  you can select text and graphices in the page and click the Evernote icon,  or just click the icon.  You should get a windows pop-up which will offer you options - you can usually clip the Selection / Article / Page.  Choose which,  and the clipper will go fetch the content for you.

• Level 5*

Could be a problem with the IE clipper - but clicking the icon is quicker than right-click,  select..  and you have more options in Clipper and Clearly than you get from the right-click menu.

I still don't think I have seen Clearly...I downloaded it before I downloaded the web clipper for Foxfire, so I might need to go back and try it again. (?)  The only options I have with foxfire are clip page and clip URL.  I was expecting more.  I know there is more.

• Level 5*

Clipper (currently) has more options in Chrome and features differ slightly between OS's and browsers;  Clearly (the Pixar lamp icon) also has slightly different features,  including the ability to read pages aloud - a text to speech (tts) option.

Clipper (currently) has more options in Chrome and features differ slightly between OS's and browsers;  Clearly (the Pixar lamp icon) also has slightly different features,  including the ability to read pages aloud - a text to speech (tts) option.

Plus, the last time I ever used the EN FF clipper, the resultant note was not nearly as nice as if it were made from the EN Chrome clipper.  The Chrome clipper makes a note that is much more WYSIWYG than the IE or FF clippers.  That was a while ago, so maybe they are comparable now.  (I doubt it.)  But as a result, my workflow has been & is, that I still use FF as my main browser (I honestly don't even remember why right now).  But if I want to clip a web page, I copy the URL & paste it into Chrome & clip it there. 

Plus, the last time I ever used the EN FF clipper, the resultant note was not nearly as nice as if it were made from the EN Chrome clipper.  The Chrome clipper makes a note that is much more WYSIWYG than the IE or FF clippers.  That was a while ago, so maybe they are comparable now.  (I doubt it.)  But as a result, my workflow has been & is, that I still use FF as my main browser (I honestly don't even remember why right now).  But if I want to clip a web page, I copy the URL & paste it into Chrome & clip it there. 

Interesting, I'll give that a try.

Archived