Language setting on evernote app for iPhone

Hi, 

My evernote app is set on language (looks like chinese), do anyone know how to change this language? Where is the language setting on the evernote app? 

In the general settings on my iPhone the language is set to Norwegian - so it can´t be that. 

I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the language. 

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

It would seem that the language in the app is dependent on the iOS keyboard that you use. By default, the keyboard is English but American English.

So you would need to add the keyboard of your preferred language and then select that as the keyboard you would like to use in Evernote.

In this post I will give an example of changing the language from English(US) to English(UK).

Go to Keyboards in you phone Settings app (Settings--> General --> Keyboard --> Keyboards --> Add new keyboard --> English(UK) )

Assuming that you now have two keyboards, English (US) and English (UK), in Evernote, on your keyboard, you would then tap and hold on the world/globe icon (to the left of the space bar) and you will then be able to select one of the two keyboards which will then become the language in the app.

If you have the Emoji keyboard added to you phone as well, your keyboard will have a smiley icon instead of a world/globe. You can then tap on this to select the keyboard (and ultimately the language).

You can completely remove the American English keyboard from your Keyboards in the same Keboards menu I mentioned above, on your phone, by swiping it to the left. The delete option should then appear on the right of the keyboard that you are trying to delete. You can always re-add a deleted keyboard.

Lastly, if you have only one keyboard then that keyboard's language will become Evernote's default language.

Archived