Word doc changes in EN: one view shows my changes, but download doesn't?

Hello-

I'm transitioning my docs to EN and haven't found this issue after searching the forums.  I make changes in a word document located in EN and if I click on the eye symbol/preview, the changes aren't visible.  However, if I click on "Open in Word Document" my changes are there.  Finally, if I download it, it's still the old version.  How do I get my changes to show up in the document?  It's confusing as to what version is there.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Hi. Attachments to an EN note are *copies* of the original. So...

➡ When you open the Word document from within Evernote, it will automatically launch your MS Word program and open the document. If you make any changes to the document and want those reflected in the EN copy, you must Sync it to the EN servers. i.e.:

* Save the changes as you would with any document.

* Replace the Evernote copy with the newest version..

* Now Sync to the EN servers.

To avoid future confusion and possible note conflicts you might want to either save the Word copy under a different name on your hardrive or just delete it once you are the revised copy has been successfully Synced in Evernote.

Hello-

I'm transitioning my docs to EN and haven't found this issue after searching the forums. I make changes in a word document located in EN and if I click on the eye symbol/preview, the changes aren't visible. However, if I click on "Open in Word Document" my changes are there. Finally, if I download it, it's still the old version. How do I get my changes to show up in the document? It's confusing as to what version is there.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Archived