BUG: Can't add tags to notes with long tags in windows desktop app

NumericOverflow

Yup, this happens to me too -- Windows Desktop same version.

In my case its not 1 long tag but like 5 or 6 tags.  It seems that the visual real estate is nessasary to add another tag. Once that visual real estate is filled on the screen you can not add more tags

This seems to be happening to you too. As you stretch the window wider you start to see the tag but it won't take because its just so freaking long

This is definately a bug - but in the mean time why do you need such long tags?   This is crazy and your not using tags the right way IMO

Try a tag "Home", "US_Corp" "3M" -- just 3 tags

then when when you search -- Tag:US_Corp Tag:3M Tag:Home intitle:Norma*

This will get you any notes with the name starting with Norma in the title that is also tagged US_Corp and 3M, certainly that should filter out MOST notes even if you had 20,000 notes and give you a list that you need

Yup, this happens to me too -- Windows Desktop same version.

In my case its not 1 long tag but like 5 or 6 tags.  It seems that the visual real estate is nessasary to add another tag. Once that visual real estate is filled on the screen you can not add more tags

This seems to be happening to you too. As you stretch the window wider you start to see the tag but it won't take because its just so freaking long

Agreed. One long tag, or many short tag lands you in a similar situation, depending on how the page renders. I just notice it most with long tags.

This is definitely a bug - but in the mean time why do you need such long tags?   This is crazy and your not using tags the right way IMO

Try a tag "Home", "US_Corp" "3M" -- just 3 tags

then when when you search -- Tag:US_Corp Tag:3M Tag:Home intitle:Norma*

This will get you any notes with the name starting with Norma in the title that is also tagged US_Corp and 3M, certainly that should filter out MOST notes even if you had 20,000 notes and give you a list that you need

In most cases, yes tags this long are crazy, but I use our internal Lotus Notes names to tag meeting notes so I can easily access minutes based on who attended. I can also quickly copy/paste my "people" tags from a meeting notice or an email and paste them into Evernote. The first time you encounter a meeting or email with 25+ people involved, you'd quickly see the value and ease of how I do it. There's no conversion needed, and I have it consistent. I can also then go the reverse direction and copy the tag from a note into an email and get their address exactly right. Especially when you encounter people with the same names, but slightly different lotus notes addresses, your method would break down.

I specifically don't want them broken up into smaller parts. I've been using this strategy for some time and it works great, other than this display bug, of course.

FWIW, I detest Lotus Notes, but I've gotta work with what we've got at work.

• Level 5*

As a possible work-around have you tried including the Lotus Notes names as keywords in the text rather than as tags?  I don't know the format (I'm very happy to say) but a list of attendees' LN names would be as easy to pick from as a list of tags,  and you could save the searches for each name/ groups of names so you can get to the Evernote notes quickly...

Also a text-expander could automatically splurge out an LN name when typing an abbreviation of some sort..

Archived