[Feature request] Presentation Mode: increased font size

I'm finding the font size in Presentation mode is too small.  If I make it bigger in the original note it scales it down.  This makes things less valuable for larger groups.

---

I've checked out the forums eg

But there doesn't seem to be any clarity at the moment, so I've started this new single issue thread

My first posts here.

So Is there a place for "Feature requests"?  or an Evernote roadmap?

Does anyone know of information about this fonts issue or a hack or a workaround?

Best regards

Derek

• Level 5*

I had my rant on your other post,  though please don't take this as aimed at you - it's just that calling a feature 'presentation mode' doesn't necessarily make the content presentable... though I accept that there are a lot of very talented and effective presenters out there...

We have presentation mode font sizes change request on the backlog for Mac and iOS products.

Please take into account also that with current functionality, the web clipping notes will not get presentation mode styling (ie. font sizes etc.) applied, but the native notes created within the app will (so font sizes are generally bigger when you copy paste text from website to note than if you have created the note by clipping) .

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Kati.  I appreciate your comment about fonts.  I'm prepared to work around this.

My questions still stand:

• So Is there a place for "Feature requests"? (ie a link to this)
  • or an Evernote roadmap? (I suspect from what gazumped has said the answer is no)
  • Does anyone know of information about this fonts issue or a hack or a workaround? (Anyone?)

-Derek

Thanks Kati.  I appreciate your comment about fonts.  I'm prepared to work around this.

My questions still stand:

• So Is there a place for "Feature requests"? (ie a link to this)
  • or an Evernote roadmap? (I suspect from what gazumped has said the answer is no)
  • Does anyone know of information about this fonts issue or a hack or a workaround? (Anyone?)

-Derek

Hi Derek,

For feature requests, you can write one clearly within the forum (as you've done now, to correct platform group and argue why it would be important) or contact our support. There is no external system for this for users. 

I'm not sure how the font issue affects you so much, so can you provide some more details for me to check if I have workaround to suggest:

- screenshot of the note in note editor

- screenshot of the note in presentation mode

- in which platform the note has been created

- how do you present it? Using airplay / plug in with projector / on your screen (size)

As per the other posts you mentioned in the beginning of the thread, I'm assuming your issue is on Mac platform?

Thanks,

Kati

OK, thanks Kati.  A link to my first effort.

1. Case A with the small text.
  2. Case B with smaller text for links.  This may of course be a feature not a bug.
    And tables getting a bit out of proportion.  (Plus the same small text)

Thanks

• This is on a Windows PC
  • This is showed on a data projector.to quite a large group.

I had difficulty uploading this, My limit is 130.9Kb.  (How is this calculated?)

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sxhzi0e3minyrif/AAAX97GVl33_M6GRlU7-akqaa?dl=0

-Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derek,

thanks for the details and for the dropbox link.

I've sent the details to the team working with Windows Presentation Mode. Unfortunately I cannot provide more information regarding but let's hope your issue gets prioritized soon.

Thanks,

Kati

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been three years now. Any word on being able to increase the displayed font in presentation mode? People in my volunteer class on Sundays simply cannot see the fonts in presentation mode because they are too small. So I've been using OneNote for class presentations instead. I'd like to return to Evernote for this, but without any control over the size of fonts presented it's impossible. Any word?

I'm using a Mac.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, douglerner said:

It's been three years now. Any word on being able to increase the displayed font in presentation mode? People in my volunteer class on Sundays simply cannot see the fonts in presentation mode because they are too small. So I've been using OneNote for class presentations instead. I'd like to return to Evernote for this, but without any control over the size of fonts presented it's impossible. Any word?

I'm using a Mac.

Hi.  Sorry - no word yet - Evernote are still developing their new common editor project,  so maybe this is part of it - the thing has been running for the best part of 4 years (I think) and is still developing.

36 minutes ago, douglerner said:

I'm using a Mac.

On the Mac, there are three font sizes. Too few, but better than nothing.

Sometimes I duplicate a note, select all, and then change the font size. It's not a smooth solution, though.

Ah well. I still use Evernote because it syncs well between devices. OneNote syncing is awful. But I have been using OneNote for class presentations because presentation mode is so poor in Evernote and students can't see the notes. Changing the font sizes doesn't help for presentation mode, which seems to be in its own formatted world.

I guess I can just not use presentation mode and show the note raw. At least I can set the font size I want for that.

Now to figure out how to get my class presentations back into Evernote!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Derek C said:

Five years.  Just curious: any workarounds?  Any fixes?

-Derek

Other than I've seen recent complaints that presentation mode now has text which is too large?

I'm not sufficiently technical to know how much of a problem it would be to detect the size and resolution of a screen and either offer a variable font size to scale appropriately,  or zoom a standard 12pt version to the necessary size,  but I'm guessing it's not trivial.. 

Meantime if the standard font isn't cutting it,  any fixes would depend on your individual devices,  and whether you're presenting to a small group or a large audience. 

Personally I'd try JPG,  DOCX and PDF versions of text to see if they allowed more useful displays,  or maybe embed some links in a note to a local disk-based image or document rather than note content.

If someone wants to give us more details of exactly how a presentation is being set up - all the devices involved,  plus screen and audience sizes and a test document,  maybe we can make some more useful suggestions...