Evernote won't load without permission

phiphirn

I have searched the topics and can't find one similar to mine. For the past several months I have been having intermittent problems with Evernote refusing to open when I press the icon on my screen or toolbar. A box pops up asking for permission to make changes on my computer which I agree to which closes the box. Then nothing happens. I, at first, just removed and reloaded Evernote.  Then I read on the fourm to get the Revo program which I used last week.  All was going well for 4 days then this morning it has started again. I can access my notes from my tablet and phone, just not my laptop.  I am running Windows 7, no games or other fancy programs just basic Office. Thanks in advance. Phyllis

Windows 7 is renowned for having permissions issues, even when running under an admin account. I would suggest you confirm or change the permissions on all folders off root & their subsequent child folders, as well as any other drives you may have on the computer.

• Level 5*

All was going well for 4 days then this morning it has started again.

What changed between today and four days ago? Permissions don't change themselves, in my experience.

All was going well for 4 days then this morning it has started again.

What changed between today and four days ago? Permissions don't change themselves, in my experience.

True. I didn't notice that comment. Funny b/c that is one of the age old computer questions...what changed? ;-)

Archived