New user - no response to support ticket in > 10 days

Short version: I submitted my first support ticket and received a confirmation and ticket number. However, there has been no further response from support in over 10 days (7/17 - 7/28).

I joined Evernote with a 30-days Premium membership trial; unfortunately part of the problem that generated my support request is that the desktop application will not accept the email address associated with that account. Therefore I created a second Evernote account and have not used the first account, which is only semi-functional. The support ticket was submitted with the second account, which does not have Premium privileges.

• Level 5*

For a free user at the moment, support seems pretty slow - the guys only work weekdays so in terms of business days your 10+ days is actually (so far) 6,  but  agreed it could be better. 

I realise you have a premium account too,  but I'm assuming you raised the ticket under the free account if that's all you have access too at the moment.

It is pretty easy to change email addresses in an account and that's all done via your 'my account' page at Evernote.com after you log in with the premium account details.  Briefly if you want to use an address that's currently tied up in one account,  you need to go into that account and change the address to something else.  Anything will do if you don't need that account again.  Then go back to the account you want the address associated with and change the details there.

If you have problems with that,  or there's some other issue preventing your using the trial membership,  please give us some details here and we'll try to help.

Short version: I submitted my first support ticket and received a confirmation and ticket number. However, there has been no further response from support in over 10 days (7/17 - 7/28).

I joined Evernote with a 30-days Premium membership trial; unfortunately part of the problem that generated my support request is that the desktop application will not accept the email address associated with that account. Therefore I created a second Evernote account and have not used the first account, which is only semi-functional. The support ticket was submitted with the second account, which does not have Premium privileges.

What do you mean "the desktop application will not accept the email address associated with that account"? If you don't have the password, you can use the 'forgot password' link on the website. If you created an account with a particular email account, it will accept that email...but you do need the correct password, of course.

What do you mean "the desktop application will not accept the email address associated with that account"? If you don't have the password, you can use the 'forgot password' link on the website. If you created an account with a particular email account, it will accept that email...but you do need the correct password, of course.

Following activation of my account on evernote.com, and during initial setup of my desktop application, the application rejected the (valid) email address I entered as invalid. It is not a password issue. The setup screen redraws with a red message telling me my email address is invalid. This is why I had to set up a second account, which I've used since.

It is pretty easy to change email addresses in an account and that's all done via your 'my account' page at Evernote.com after you log in with the premium account details.  Briefly if you want to use an address that's currently tied up in one account,  you need to go into that account and change the address to something else.  Anything will do if you don't need that account again.  Then go back to the account you want the address associated with and change the details there.

If you have problems with that,  or there's some other issue preventing your using the trial membership,  please give us some details here and we'll try to help.

I don't understand "currently tied up in one account" or the rest of the procedure you describe. Are you suggesting associating more than one address with the account that is working, when one of the addresses generates an error in the desktop application?

Here's a different statement of the problem: I signed up for Evernote using a referral link. When asked for my email address, I entered x@y.com (not the real address, of course; I'd prefer not to expose actual email addresses on a public forum). I received a confirmation message at that address. Then I downloaded the Evernote application. The application would not take x@y.com as a valid email address. Instead, the setup screen displays a red message saying that the address is invalid. Therefore, I created a second account, w@y.com. However, w@y.com does not have the trial premium features. And, if possible, I really would like to use x@y.com as the address associated with my Evernote account. It should be possible, because it is the working address with which I successfully signed up with Evernote on the web.

• Level 5*

"I don't understand "currently tied up in one account" or the rest of the procedure you describe. Are you suggesting associating more than one address with the account that is working, when one of the addresses generates an error in the desktop application?"

- No; I got from your initial explanation that the address might have been rejected because it was already in use on another account.  If the first time you used it was to register however,  then obviously that's not the case.

You're right not to use real addresses in a public forum.  What I do get from your explanation though is that while you 'signed up' for this account online,  you've not yet accessed it via the desktop version,  which is now set up on the secondary address.  I suggest that you try logging into your original account via a browser and Evernote.com,  and use the original address to log in.  If you can gain access you'll be able to change the account email address to your secondary email address so it will be as though you signed up with that address in the first place. 

However that won't work at present because that address is currently being used by your 'free' account.

So: if you can gain access via Evernote.com,  log out of the premium account again and log in to your secondary account via Evernote.com.  Give that any other (valid) email address that you can.  Then log into your premium account and change it to the secondary address.

(I'm assuming you don;t have any notes in the free account that you need to hang on to?)

See how much of the above works!

(I'm assuming you don;t have any notes in the free account that you need to hang on to?)

Actually, I do. I've been using Evernote extensively while I've waited for support to get back to me, and have about 50 notes at this point.

But let me make sure I understand. I have a premium account (1) that I haven't been able to use with the desktop application. I created a free account (2) so I can use Evernote both on the web and on the desktop. You're suggesting that I rename (2) to a third address (3), and then rename (1) to (2), correct?

• Level 5*

Actually, I do. I've been using Evernote extensively while I've waited for support to get back to me, and have about 50 notes at this point.

But let me make sure I understand. I have a premium account (1) that I haven't been able to use with the desktop application. I created a free account (2) so I can use Evernote both on the web and on the desktop. You're suggesting that I rename (2) to a third address (3), and then rename (1) to (2), correct?

That's correct,  and hopefully will get around the problem that Evernote didn't seem to like the initial choice.

As you do have notes to save,  I'd suggest you File > Export the content to ENEX file(s) - one file for each notebook that you have created (Enex files don't save notebook information);  or you could tag your notes with the name of their current notebook and then export all.  Make sure you check the export options and tick 'tags' in the attributes list.

Save your backup files somewhere safe and then re-import the notes when the changes are complete.

Archived