kokito33

*very serious bug* - web clipper creates duplicates

After the latest update of the web clipper, (version 6.2.2 on Chrome on Windows 7), I noticed a very serious bug that calls out for your immediate attention.

When selecting and clipping text from a webpage, it "remembers" only the first one and clips all notes with the same content.

I.e. I do 5 clips of five different paragraphs from the same webpage but they all have the same content (first paragraph) !

I have already lost a lot of clippings, please confirm this is a bug.

Doesn't seem like anyone else has noticed this - have you tried uninstalling/ reinstalling the add-in and re-testing?  Does the right-click option to save to Evernote work correctly?

If clipping still isn't working for you.  try using Clearly to separate web page content and then select text blocks and right-click to save to Evernote.

I can confirm this bug is happening. Will work on a fix ASAP.

In the meantime you can rerfresh the page betweeen clips from the same page. I know it's cumbersome but as a temporary workaround. 

• Like 1

The version with a fix for this has now been released to production as Web Clipper 6.2.3. You should get auto updated on Chrome restart or if needed do an uninstall then re-install.

• Like 1

This is still happening . Sometimes it gets created dozens of times. It seems to get worse with bad connections