Request: Annotation Mode - Allow Search, Jump to Page

Annotation mode is quite nice in Evernote, but I can't find out how to search within a PDF while it's open in annotation mode. My request, to summarize, is to provide search capability in annotation mode and the ability for annotation mode to respond to the current focused page in a note.

Use Case:

Let's say that I've found the text I want to annotate, and it's way down towards the bottom of a long PDF. There doesn't appear to be a way to tell Evernote "open annotation mode and jump to the current page so I can highlight this". Nor can I open annotation mode and search for the text in order to get to the place I want to highlight. This is quite cumbersome. I'd love to hear how folks have gotten around this limitation or any other suggestions.

• Level 5*

I'd guess you're probably right - at this early stage in annotation features it's assumed that you're physically reading through the document while you annotate;  not searching for more occurrences of words or strings to edit.  AFAICS this is a feature request - the only way to annotate is either: read the words,  or: search the PDF then annotate.  Save,  and search...

(It may help you see this feature sooner rather than later if you say what Evernote client you're using - Phone / Tab / Desktop / Web and which OS.)

• 4 months later...

Thanks for bringing this up - I have just gone ahead and joined the discussion to support this as a feature request. It seems strange to not include my natural urge to CTRL+F to locate key terms as I'm skimming through a PDF. If we're interested in productivity then I would expect this feature to be there.

Annotation mode is quite nice in Evernote, but I can't find out how to search within a PDF while it's open in annotation mode. My request, to summarize, is to provide search capability in annotation mode and the ability for annotation mode to respond to the current focused page in a note.

Use Case:

Let's say that I've found the text I want to annotate, and it's way down towards the bottom of a long PDF. There doesn't appear to be a way to tell Evernote "open annotation mode and jump to the current page so I can highlight this". Nor can I open annotation mode and search for the text in order to get to the place I want to highlight. This is quite cumbersome. I'd love to hear how folks have gotten around this limitation or any other suggestions.

Archived