How to stop Evernote from automatically importing created PDFs

Hi. I like Evernote, but on my Mac it has a "feature" that I'd like to turn off.

Whenever I create a New PDF (which usually happens from an MS Office app running in Parallels, but can happen other ways as well), Evernote automatically opens that file and creates a new note, presumably for annotation, going as far as to launch Evernote when the app is closed. I would like to disable this behavior, but Google, the forum, and the knowledge base have not provided any help.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

-Mike Sherman

I have never seen this occur..... I suspect somehow Evernote has become the default application for opening PDFs. 

1) Select any PDF on your computer

2) open the file info with cmd-i

3) in the info window, click on "Open With" to expose that set of options, if it isn't already exposed. 

4) In the dropdown menu, select "Preview.app" or whatever your favourite PDF reading application is. 

5) Press the "change all" button below the drop down menu. This should set the newly selected application as the system default for opening PDFs. 

Does that fix your issue?

(one side note: This isn't a "feature" of Evernote. This is a function built into the operating system)

• 1 year later...

Archived