Lost access to premium account

Hello,

my wife went back to school and I started a premium account for her. She used it for months on her ipad and iphone and loved it.

2 weeks ago she got logged out of her ever-note on her iphone and tried to log back in. Unfortunately she messed up and created a new account instead.

Though on her ipad she is still logged in with her premium account (I think we know the login name) but I cannot find the password.

Using the reset password function is somehow not working because either:

- we used a wrong email when starting the premium account 

or

- by creating the new free account with different name but same email address it got somehow overwritten

I cannot use the website for the premium support because I cannot login. Using the free account and sending a support request left me waiting for 2 weeks now without answer.

I did sent another request out of the evernote app on the ipad (still logged in as premium) but havent heard anything yet. I also do not know if the support team will answer on the registered email, because then it wouldn't go into Nirvana when it was wrong in the first place.

I am afraid logging out of the ever-note app to see her username, because then she will loose all access to her notes.

So in short, how do I regain access to the premium account when email is not working?

With a premium account I would assume there is a support hotline, but I cannot find any.

Any idea how to go from here?

Thanks

Tom

You can verify which email address is associated with the premium account by using Evernote on your iPad to send a note via email. It will show up as from no-reply@evernote.com, but the reply-to address should be the actual email associated with the account. 

At least that way you'll know which email to use when using the password recovery. 

@JohnDM

That is the problem. I cannot start the live chat because I cannot login with my premium account.

@ScottLougheed

Awesome idea. That worked!

Should have thought about that. I sent an email out of the premium account to my personal account. There I could see that a wrong email was used.

Luckily that email was not taken by anyone. So I created a new gmail account with that address, used the reset password function and have now my access back.

Thanks a lot.

Though clearly my fault, Evernote needs to work on customer service response time (2 weeks on free account!) and should include an email verification function during the registration.

I obviously could start an premium account with an non-existing gmail account!

I agree, I think Evernote is making a mistake with their current flow on their apps by always defaulting to "Sign Up" rather than "sign in". I even catch myself entering my info into "sign up" when I'm moving quickly setting up a new install!

Archived