Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
jalton

windows Keyboard shortcut for "insert row" and "insert column"

Would be great (more efficient) if there were a keyboard shortcut that provided the ability to insert rows and columns within tables. (And maybe even a shortcut to insert a basic table, 2x2?) 

Thanks for listening to this suggestion. 

John 

• Like 1

Hi John,

I'm looking for this also.

There's a trick that works on a Mac; I'm sure Windows would have a similar option:

1. In System Preferences go to Keyboard/Shortcuts
  2. Click 'App Shortcuts'
  3. Use + to add a Shortcut
  4. Select Evernote, type in the exact menu option (ie Add Row Below, Add Row Above etc) and assign a keyboard shortcut to it

This way the shortcut only works in Evernote (no other app) and you can use any shortcut that's not already in use.

Here's a screenshot of the settings http://note.io/12x7Oio

Good luck!

Peter

• Like 5

? The edit toolbar 'insert table' icon and options not doing it for you ?

(space + Tab) working for me in mac. if you are in last cell of the last row and it is empty

I have accidentally discovered it  :)

• Like 2

Hi, 

Thanks, it's working for me now

I'm following pvantees suggestion by using OS keyboard shortcut setting below

Hi John,

I'm looking for this also.

There's a trick that works on a Mac; I'm sure Windows would have a similar option:

1. In System Preferences go to Keyboard/Shortcuts
  2. Click 'App Shortcuts'
  3. Use + to add a Shortcut
  4. Select Evernote, type in the exact menu option (ie Add Row Below, Add Row Above etc) and assign a keyboard shortcut to it

This way the shortcut only works in Evernote (no other app) and you can use any shortcut that's not already in use.

Here's a screenshot of the settings http://note.io/12x7Oio

Good luck!

Peter

however the usual shortcut (option + arrow key) I've used in many applications can't work in evernote, might be conflicting with other shortcut inside the app. So I modify the setting by using option + command + arrow key, here's my setting :

Evernote%20adding%20row%20shortcut%20set

On 27/11/2014 at 9:55 PM, kavin said:

(space + Tab) working for me in mac. if you are in last cell of the last row and it is empty

I have accidentally discovered it  :)

That's very nice, yes – thank you Kavin. But what about when you want to insert a new row above (not below)? Is there also a keyboard shortcut for that? 

Actually, it appears that pressing just Tab in the last cell in a table will create a new row; no space required (at least on my Mac). Great tip!