Keyboard shortcut for "insert row" and "insert column"

Would be great (more efficient) if there were a keyboard shortcut that provided the ability to insert rows and columns within tables. (And maybe even a shortcut to insert a basic table, 2x2?) 

Thanks for listening to this suggestion. 

John 

• 3 months later...

Hi John,

I'm looking for this also.

There's a trick that works on a Mac; I'm sure Windows would have a similar option:

1. In System Preferences go to Keyboard/Shortcuts
  2. Click 'App Shortcuts'
  3. Use + to add a Shortcut
  4. Select Evernote, type in the exact menu option (ie Add Row Below, Add Row Above etc) and assign a keyboard shortcut to it

This way the shortcut only works in Evernote (no other app) and you can use any shortcut that's not already in use.

Here's a screenshot of the settings http://note.io/12x7Oio

Good luck!

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

Thanks, it's working for me now

I'm following pvantees suggestion by using OS keyboard shortcut setting below

Hi John,

I'm looking for this also.

There's a trick that works on a Mac; I'm sure Windows would have a similar option:

1. In System Preferences go to Keyboard/Shortcuts
  2. Click 'App Shortcuts'
  3. Use + to add a Shortcut
  4. Select Evernote, type in the exact menu option (ie Add Row Below, Add Row Above etc) and assign a keyboard shortcut to it

This way the shortcut only works in Evernote (no other app) and you can use any shortcut that's not already in use.

Here's a screenshot of the settings http://note.io/12x7Oio

Good luck!

Peter

however the usual shortcut (option + arrow key) I've used in many applications can't work in evernote, might be conflicting with other shortcut inside the app. So I modify the setting by using option + command + arrow key, here's my setting :

Evernote%20adding%20row%20shortcut%20set

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 27/11/2014 at 9:55 PM, kavin said:

(space + Tab) working for me in mac. if you are in last cell of the last row and it is empty

I have accidentally discovered it  :)

That's very nice, yes – thank you Kavin. But what about when you want to insert a new row above (not below)? Is there also a keyboard shortcut for that? 

• 3 months later...

Archived