Scrollbar needs to be improved - top and bottom buttons

donmcleman

The title says it all. The scrollbar is non-standard and I keep instinctively moving my mouse to where buttons should be.

If there's a particular place for feedback I didn't find it. It's taken me ten minutes out of my way to get this post on the page, so please treat the issue as an important annoyance.

• Level 5*

Hi - this is the user forum,  so by definition a place for feedback.  There's a Support option at the bottom of the Evernote.com webpage which leads to a customer page pointing here.  Thanks for letting us know that this is a problem - is it the lack of actual buttons at the top and bottom of the scrollbar that you're objecting to?

Hi, gazumped, I didn't come here from the webpage I came from the Windows application. The word 'feedback' wasn't on the menu and I didn't have time to look around. I would have thought that 'feedback' was important enough to state (if not beg for).

In every other application I use, be it desktop or browser, there are arrow buttons at the top and bottom of the scrollbar which enable a finer degree of scrolling. There can be no reason for not having them.

(By the way, I too use BOINC, a great concept).

• Level 5*

Hi again - Evernote's developers read these posts so your request is made - I think the new style is a Windows thing though,  rather than an Evernote innovation - so reason for not having them - Evernote got told they were no longer necessary/ required.  If their user surveys agree with you (and there are quite a few who don't like the new layout) then no doubt we'll see changes coming...

Archived