Major Interface Chages for Evernote?

Most of the tools such as Bold, Italics, Bullet Points, Numbered Points, etc. have disappeared from the interface ribbon within the last few days. Is this a glitch on my end or have these tools been removed by Evernote?

In windows desktop for me (Version 5.4.1) a note defaults to no Text edit tools. I have to:

1) click inside the body of note I want to edit

2) click the header (up where the date created, reminder, Present buttons are, then

3) click back into the body of the note

presto the Text edit tools appears

this has been annoying to me too, I looked and couldn't find a Always show Text Edit Tools menu option

(Edited)

this only happened when viewing old notes not a "New Note"

post-87287-0-10869800-1406061568_thumb.j

Using the latest beta I see the same thing on my Windows machine but all I have to do to restore the formatting tools is to use CTRL+D to open the formatting dialog box and then I just close it again without changing a thing and that reloads the formatting tools above the note body.

Using the latest beta I see the same thing on my Windows machine but all I have to do to restore the formatting tools is to use CTRL+D to open the formatting dialog box and then I just close it again without changing a thing and that reloads the formatting tools above the note body.

Ctrl + D  -- fixed it for me too

John Z  you are  AWESOME

You could also try the View command on the top menu bar.  Tick and untick "show editing toolbar"...

Gaz!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man too

View (Top Menu Bar) -> then down to Shortcuts ->  then "Show in Toolbar" 

I hadn't noticed that nested "shortcuts" menu  thanks much!!!

Archived