webpage links how to disable them (virius risks)

mayjune

The webclipper is working for me. I had to go back and delete the live weblinks, to save them info, because I don't want to be send to the webpage when I use my notes and it is very easy to do this by accident. In the past, I used Microsoft word to save some webpages I like with the photos, such for an interesting car. I like to save the photos inline with the text, but it makes all the links live. I had an experience in which a very old saved webpage took me back to the site, when the site had been abandoned and taking over by an virus. I would like ideally to keep the photos on my clipping but lose any hot working links or have them all disabled. I just started using evernote today.

There doesn't seem to be an automatic way to do this, you'll have to manually locate the links and press cmd-shift-k (or perhaps ctrl-shift-k on Windows) to remove the URL. 

I don't honestly know how significant a risk this really is. In general simply VISITING a website should not, itself, be sufficient to infect you with a virus. But then again its been nearly a decade since I've used a Windows computer so I'm a bit out of touch with those risks 

I can manually delete them, but sometimes in the case of a table being used to create the page, you can't delete them without losing some of the text or the photos near it. Maybe if there is a way to select the link, and then click remove hyperlink from a submenu? You can get a virus just from visit a bad link on a windows computer without click on any bad thing like click here to download it. But, most search engines filter out virus loaded sites, so its harder to get from just a basic google search on a topic of interest.

Maybe if there is a way to select the link, and then click remove hyperlink from a submenu?

The hotkey is probably the fastest rather than menu surfing. On Mac its cmd-shift-k   on windows it is probably ctrl-shift-k. Place your cursor in the word or phrase that is hyperlinked, and press the hotkey. 

Amazingly, I selected the link and right clicked and a submenu did open, that did say, remove, not remove hyperlink, but when I clicked it that link was removed, so problem solved. The feature was there already.

The webclipper is working great in IE. I love saving stuff. I must be an ehoarder. I guess. I even tried to edit the Wikipedia article on ehoarding, saying it deserved it's own entry. The thing is if I find a great site and it can be taken down at anytime, so I save them if I like them. I am very pleased with Evernote!

Archived