Backing up Evernote

Good day all,

I'm learning how to backup my Evernote databases, and stumbled upon the article below:

http://www.howtogeek.com/163349/how-to-backup-your-evernote-notebooks-just-in-case/

The article is very informative and explains in detail how to backup Evernote in various ways.  The exporting notes method is great.  I'll definitely be using that to hold onto specific notes/notebooks I really want to make sure are backed up properly.  I know the exporting notes option cannot be automated, but the link above does state that the Evernote database files contained in the AppData folder can be backed up automatically using any ole' backup solution.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, I'm at the following file path:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases

I can set my backup program to backup that particular path daily.  My only question involves restoring Evernote from the database files I see in the database folder (The local .EXB files).  Let's say that in the unfortunate event of a crash, I need to restore Evernote based on these .EXB files I've been backing up.  How exactly would I restore it though Evernote?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Matt

Good day all,

I'm learning how to backup my Evernote databases, and stumbled upon the article below:

http://www.howtogeek.com/163349/how-to-backup-your-evernote-notebooks-just-in-case/

The article is very informative and explains in detail how to backup Evernote in various ways.  The exporting notes method is great.  I'll definitely be using that to hold onto specific notes/notebooks I really want to make sure are backed up properly.  I know the exporting notes option cannot be automated, but the link above does state that the Evernote database files contained in the AppData folder can be backed up automatically using any ole' backup solution.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, I'm at the following file path:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases

I can set my backup program to backup that particular path daily.  My only question involves restoring Evernote from the database files I see in the database folder (The local .EXB files).  Let's say that in the unfortunate event of a crash, I need to restore Evernote based on these .EXB files I've been backing up.  How exactly would I restore it though Evernote?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Matt

The search function is your friend.  Please search the board on the words restore & exb.  This has been discussed quite a bit already.

Backing up JUST the exb file didn't work for me, Backing up ALL the Database folder files has and does work for me

.accounts

.sessiondata

.exb

.exb.activitylog

.exb.cardview.snippets

.exb.context

etc etc

in a full disaster re-install of Operating system on new Hard drive.

1) Install Evernote

2) wipe out the new files in the Database Folder from the new install

3) copy over your saved backup files to this folder

you are good to go --

how to reinstall backup from your platform is backup program question -- depends on what kind of backup program you use

Archived