Evernote Mac crashes all the time

I have been using evernote for last 4 months....after the latest update the evenote mac crashes all the time...I have  unistall everything and tried fresh install the software...but in between the syn it crashes again...I tried this many times and nothing could solve the issue...still crashe at half way of the sync...

Anyone has the same issue...whats the solution for this..

I haven't experienced this, but indeed this may be an issue worth contacting support about. 

Also, when you have done reinstallations, have you been removing all of the other Evernote related files in locations like ~/Libaray/Appication Support/Evernote ? 

If it is a problem such as a corruption of your locally stored Evernote database, reinstalling evernote without removing the database will not solve the issue. 

Before deleting Evernote's system files such as your local database, make sure you have backed up ALL OF YOUR UNSYNCED NOTES! 

I am on Mac OS X and at the latest public release of EN and do no't have any stability issues.  Maybe you can check in "Console" (type console in spotlight and launch it) and see if there are any Evernote log entries generated when the crash happens.

• 4 months later...

This was a hot topic a year ago. I'm still having the problem and it obviously hasn't been solved in the last year. This is a fab product when it works. Glad I'm not paying for it.

Not clear that this is a persistent widespread problem that has been unsolved for a year.... I use Evernote almost continuously 5-7 days a week and haven't seen a crash in months. 

That being said, you are clearly having problems. Unfortunately as a free user your access to customer support is limited. 

In the meantime have you done the usual troubleshooting? A complete uninstall (including removing your local database; make sure you back up your local notebooks if if you have any), and a fresh install? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let me sure assure you, the problem still exists.

This is the single most frustrating app I've ever used. It's wonderful when it works, but it's almost comically bad at how often it crashes. Sometimes I'm afraid to interact with it at all because it seems anything at all will trigger a crash: search, opening note in separate window, sync, etc. For the last day, I've been unable to open it at all — it just crashes on launch.

I'm running the latest version of Yosemite on a new 2014 iMac and have installed the latest versions of Evernote every time they're released (each with their promise of stability fixes). I've followed all the troubleshooting steps many times: delete all vestiges of Evernote, restart computer, download new version, sync, all to no avail.

I've been working with support for the last two months, and while friendly, they've not been able to solve the issue.

I don't get it. I don't think I have all that unique of a setup and I'm sure I can't be the only one experiencing this.

I would love to ditch Evernote for a more reliable product but I can't find a suitable alternative with the same feature set that enables me to sync between all my devices.

Frustrating!

And, oh, yes… I AM a paying, premium customer. Maybe not for too much longer though.

I had this same issue with crashes earlier this week (v6 on Yosemite). I uninstalled Evernote, rebooted, then reinstalled from the Evernote website, and it's been working just fine since. No further crashes. Sorry to hear you are still having issues despite taking these steps.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just upgraded to Yozmite (clean install) and used Apple's migration tool to get my  stuff over from another hard drive (AFTER updating to 10.10.1) and EN seems to be working just fine. Of course, from what I've seen, I won't be surprised at all if it stops working next week because the alpha particle discharge in the local area changes significantly,  but I'm still glad I'm not paying for beta-ware.

Fabulous app - if it were only reliable.

It does crash for me all the time when searching for Tags and then clicking on one of the results.

This happens on both, my MacMini and my MacBook Air.

All running latest 10.10.1 OS

One thing to note, I use a ^ sign in front of every tag so it is easy to display all tags in the search field.

E.g. ^invoices ; ^Clients etc.

Without those special characters (applies to all special characters) it won't crash.

I used it this way on earlier versions without any issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to find that others are having similar problems.  I had planned to become a paying user but when I moved temporarily and began using our "travelling" Mac Mini, I started having problems.  I've hated to complain - it's all quite simple, I open Evernote, start a new note, it crashes, it restarts, I fill in the little crash report form, then carry on.  Once restarted, it's entirely solid and I haven't yet (tough to type with my fingers crossed) lost anything.  I have not had any crashes on my iOS devices at all and very few on my iMac in our other residence.

This is not an unmanageable situation - just a little annoying and somewhat worrying.  I am not a tech guy in any way and my son has moved to another continent so my tech support is absent.  The concept of re-installing makes me a little nervous.

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2014 at 7:18 PM, bukmba said:

It does crash for me all the time when searching for Tags and then clicking on one of the results.

This happens on both, my MacMini and my MacBook Air.

All running latest 10.10.1 OS

One thing to note, I use a ^ sign in front of every tag so it is easy to display all tags in the search field.

E.g. ^invoices ; ^Clients etc.

Without those special characters (applies to all special characters) it won't crash.

I used it this way on earlier versions without any issue.

Bukmba - I have the exact same tag problem - EN crashing when doing tag searches - and I have the use special characters in the beginning of my tags (@ for places, e.g. @Home, @WorkLocation, ^ for people, etc.).  Wondering if you found any solution to your problem?

Archived