My Jot keeps turning off

CAKeeler

I am using an iPad and at first my Jot worked just fine but now I can't keep it on. I turn it on, then sync it, it says it found it but then it stops. I have changed batteries but no difference. Very frustrating that this started to act like this in a meeting. Less than 12 months old.

How do I get this resolved?

1) Do some troubleshooting:

Have you tried removing the battery cap and stretching the spring out a bit. There has been some discussion in this community that the spring can sometimes get compressed and make only intermittent rather than constant contact with the battery. 

2) Contact support. 

Scott, would you mind trying to get some help related to a support request that I submitted on July 10? The ticket# is 631747. I also sent replies on July 14 and 16 to the original automated response that was sent to me. I have had no response whatsoever. My Penultimate app will not open and is thus unusable after I completed Apple's most recent software upgrade on July 7. And, like CAKeeler, my Jot was having the same problems, at least until penultimate shut down on me completely. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

If I re-install Penultimate will I lose my notes or will they reload also? I have used Penultimate since June 2011 so I have a substantial amount of notes. I can't test the Jot spring until I can open/use penultimate. Thanks!!

If I re-install Penultimate will I lose my notes or will they reload also? I have used Penultimate since June 2011 so I have a substantial amount of notes. I can't test the Jot spring until I can open/use penultimate. Thanks!!

No you will not lose any of your data.*

*As long as that data has been synced to Evernote's servers, which is does automatically. Usually you'd see an error if syncing wasn't occurring. If you want to be double plus sure, you can also use the Evernote application to look at the Penultimate notebook to verify your content is in there before reinstalling penultimate. 

I received my Jot Script today.  Spent too much time trying to link only to learn that the pen only links to Penultimate.  Well, I can get intermittent connection. The documentation is the poorest that I have seen on any product. So far I have not found anything intuitive to make it work.  Why so many purchasers are have a connection problem?  

It appears that it could be battery energy. I closely observed the green light one time to fade from solid green to no light.

I expect a new pen on it way UPS next day. I will provide my credit card but I will not wait for you to receive this defective pen returned to you and you send me a new pen!  Your lack of live or chat support is ridiculous.  Especially when you have a void of tutorial information.  [CONTACT INFO REDACTED]

Archived