evernote keeps launching

Daanish1

Everytime I press the 'z' button in Chrome  Evernote launches. (actually it didnt when I just typed the z... not sure how that happened. But when I goto another tab and type it then it does launch).

Sorry its not that the full evernote is launching. I'm getting a screen which has a green Save button at the top and then Clip with Article, Full Page, etc given below it. What's that screen called?

Anyway so this keeps popping up. How do I get rid of it? I thought it was hotkey related but its not. At least I dont see anything tied to 'z' in the hotkey section.

I havent used Evernote in a while but I notice some changes, which I dont care for. I'm probably just not understanding it properly. So I'm hoping someone can clarify.

It used to be that if I see something in a forum I want to make note of I clip it, then a screen opens and I get to tag it how I life. Now all that happens when I choose 'save selection' is that it gets clipped, with no option for tagging. An evernote screen pops up saying that its clipped to my notebook, with the title of my note, and has a few sharing buttons underneath it (facebook, linkedin, etc). What I want is to see the note automatically, and for different tagging options given to me, ideally without my having to remember which tags I've used in the past (ie ideal would be if it was multiple choice). Has that option gone?

It is the clipper which is launching.

If you open settings from the clipper save screen you will find it is a shortcut and you can change to something less obvious.

Regards

Chris

This keeps happening to me, too, only when I use the "delete" key on my keyboard while using Internet applications, such as Google search, Gmail,, Facebook, etc. (I am not experiencing it within other applications, such as Word, or weirdly, while I am typing this post). I do not see the "Settings" tab mentioned in a previous reply…

Open the Clipper and the settings tab is on there.

The clipper is opened from your browser and will be the elephant.

Regards

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I finally figured out to choose "options" since "settings" does not appear on my Clipper window. Appreciate the help! Thanks, again!

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, can anyone help with the quoted part?

I havent used Evernote in a while but I notice some changes, which I dont care for. I'm probably just not understanding it properly. So I'm hoping someone can clarify.

It used to be that if I see something in a forum I want to make note of I clip it, then a screen opens and I get to tag it how I life. Now all that happens when I choose 'save selection' is that it gets clipped, with no option for tagging. An evernote screen pops up saying that its clipped to my notebook, with the title of my note, and has a few sharing buttons underneath it (facebook, linkedin, etc). What I want is to see the note automatically, and for different tagging options given to me, ideally without my having to remember which tags I've used in the past (ie ideal would be if it was multiple choice). Has that option gone?

@dannish1

It sounds to me like you are making a selection then right clicking on it and choose 'save selection to Evernote', clipping via the context menu is quick and with minimal steps and options.

You should try clicking the toolbar icon for Evernote Web Clipper which will bring up the interface where you can choose notebooks, tags etc. 

Archived