Attn: Gbarry, Carboyd & Jackolicious - Free Account Support?

BurgerNFires, I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread to specifically address this issue we touched on in a different thread yesterday. It is related, but was note the Thread's actual topic. Anyway...

To Gbarry, Charboyd, Jackolicious and any other Ecernote staff that might see this:

Is it true that Evernote no longer provides *any* Support at all to Free Users? As in in Fremium Users shouldn't even bother submitting a Support Ticket asking for Help?

Please clarify aa soon as possible to save confusion here on the Forum?.

While the wording on the website has changed, it is still possible to submit a support ticket as a free user. I have done just that using my own free account.

I'm sure EN staff will make sure to announce any changes if they happen. Until that time, it looks like aside from the wording on the site, it is status quo.

So the higher than usual number of long wait times we've been seeing could just mean a backlog?

While the wording on the website has changed, it is still possible to submit a support ticket as a free user. I have done just that using my own free account.

So, it looks like aside from the wording, it is status quo.

BurgerNFires, I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread to specifically address this issue we touched on in a different thread yesterday. It is related, but was note the Thread's actual topic. Anyway...

To Gbarry, Charboyd, Jackolicious and any other Ecernote staff that might see this:

Is it true that Evernote no longer provides *any* Support at all to Free Users? As in in Fremium Users shouldn't even bother submitting a Support Ticket asking for Help?

Please clarify aa soon as possible to save confusion here on the Forum?.

I don't mind at all.  In fact, I think it's good.  At the risk of sounding like I'm airing our dirty laundry, several of us have been asking about this for several days now.  The answer we've received so far is that anyone can submit a support ticket.  Clearly, from the support tickets being posted lately, whether one gets a reply within a week or two (or three) is another issue entirely.

So the higher than usual number of long wait times we've been seeing could just mean a backlog?

So, it looks like aside from the wording, it is status quo.

In this regard, we know as much as you do, which is to say, we don't really know what wait times are like aside from anecdotes, and we don't know why wait times are what they are. 

• Level 5*

Not to say its happening in this case,  but I've been involved with several rescue situations where ts become clear that once you get in backlog with anything you have to work three times as hard to clear it up - not only do you have the normal reports to contend with,  but there's the people who submitted two or three reports because they got impatient,  the additional traffic on the ones you're dealing with because the customer is annoyed at having to wait in the first place,  and the extra management time involved in apologising to everyone under the sun and keeping the staff morale up and any absence rates down.  Plus there's the problem that fully trained help either doesn't exist or is already working on something else and getting everyone up to speed takes so long you're probably laying the help off again by the time they're halfway effective.  Just sayin..

Archived