Monthly allowance cycle bug

I've recently downgraded from Premium to Free, and as soon as I downgraded I receveived a message telling me that my monthly allowance is exceeded.

When my cycle renewed (today), it seems it retained the information about the 200+MB I used in my last cycle (still as a premium), so my new cycle is red as it shows in the print screen, even if I barely uploaded anything (if any) since the cycle renewal day.

I believe it should have reset, allowing me to use my 60MB as a free user (I would have contacted support, but I believe as a free user I'm not entitled to it).

aaMGiIQ.jpg

Hmmm this is a bit of a pickle, indeed. 

If you check your upload allowance on the web, has it reset there?

Is there any very large item in your Evernote trash on your windows machine? Might be worth emptying the trash or at least individually deleting from the trash any particularly large note.*

*While this doesn't actually count against your quota, the desktop calculates quota based on what has been added to you desktop app and could potentially get synced (rather than what has been synced). So, it is saying "IF you pressed sync, then you'd use up this much of the quota", even though the trash doesn't necessarily sync. 

Heres a series of posts that are related to this:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35240-evernote-506-beta-2-for-mac/?p=192087

I hope that clears your problem, either way post back here. If you are still stuck we can try and get some staff attention on your issue. 

I've recently downgraded from Premium to Free, and as soon as I downgraded I receveived a message telling me that my monthly allowance is exceeded.

When my cycle renewed (today), it seems it retained the information about the 200+MB I used in my last cycle (still as a premium), so my new cycle is red as it shows in the print screen, even if I barely uploaded anything (if any) since the cycle renewal day.

I believe it should have reset, allowing me to use my 60MB as a free user (I would have contacted support, but I believe as a free user I'm not entitled to it).

aaMGiIQ.jpg

The search function is your friend.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/58633-upload-syncing-limit-reached-but-its-a-brand-new-month/

Is there any very large item in your Evernote trash on your windows machine? Might be worth emptying the trash or at least individually deleting from the trash any particularly large note.*

*While this doesn't actually count against your quota, the desktop calculates quota based on what has been added to you desktop app and could potentially get synced (rather than what has been synced). So, it is saying "IF you pressed sync, then you'd use up this much of the quota", even though the trash doesn't necessarily sync. 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35240-evernote-506-beta-2-for-mac/?p=192087

I hope that clears your problem, either way post back here. If you are still stuck we can try and get some staff attention on your issue. 

I checked my account on the web, and effectively it's correct there, with still plenty of space to use:

H9B30dm.jpg

Still, even after emptying the trash, logging off and on Evernote and rebooting my PC, the Evernote application still shows it full.

I wonder if there's any method to make force the application to read the online account status.

I checked my account on the web, and effectively it's correct there, with still plenty of space to use:

H9B30dm.jpg

Still, even after emptying the trash, logging off and on Evernote and rebooting my PC, the Evernote application still shows it full.

I wonder if there's any method to make force the application to read the online account status.

As was mentioned in the thread I linked to...you need to sync.

H9B30dm.jpg

As was mentioned in the thread I linked to...you need to sync.

I did (more than once), but the status remains the same.

Thank you all for the answers (and the report to the staff).

I'll have a really busy day today, so I'm going to leave this issue for tomorrow, when I'll reinstall it (with the proper backup) if the issue isn't somehow fixed by then.

Actually I think I found the bug. I started reading the activity log after syncing and found this:

16:25:28 [3624] Client synchronization started
16:25:28 [6060] 0% Loaded updateCount: 11100
16:25:29 [6060] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
16:25:29 [6060] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 11100
16:25:29 [6060] 0% Server items update skipped due to exceeded quota
16:25:29 [3624] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
16:25:29 [3624] * elapsed time: 1s

So basically, from my limited knowledge on this matter, my Evernote can't syncronize on account of the exceeded quota, which in this case will render it quite useless as the quota isn't going to change until it syncs...

The sync message status didn't show any error, which induced me into thinking that there was actually some syncing being done when there wasn't.

As all my notebooks are synced, it will likely be solved by deleting the local database, forcing it to repopulate from server and reading the current status (or something similar).

I won't be able to reply to any more replies at the moment, as this will be my fifth message for today (free user perks i guess), I will read them tho.

Thank you,

J

• Level 5*

i don't know if everything is synced. make sure to check the web. have you tried logging out and back in? that might trigger a check with the servers, and it might realize your quota has been reset. it's worth a try, though i have no idea if it will help. pm one of us and we can post for you today.

Archived