Set reminder creates new note in notebook?

Titus

I noticed this behavior as I often create short, temporary reminders for myself in a notebook.

After checking them off as done, I realize they still live their lives as Notes, rather than simply as completed reminders. 

Is there a way to clear them off from my notebook and keep them just as completed tasks? 

thanks!

• Level 5*

A reminder is just a special property of a note; there is no such thing in Evernote as a reminder that's not part of a note. There's no way to remove the note without the reminder part. I keep a separate Journal notebook to track completed tasks, and that's where completed reminder notes go.

• Level 5*

If you are a tag person you can add a tag for completed reminders and -tag: that tag in searches.  Or add -reminderdonetime:20yymmdd to your search to remove any completed reminders where yymmdd is before you closed your first reminder.

If you are a tag person you can add a tag for completed reminders and -tag: that tag in searches.  Or add -reminderdonetime:20yymmdd to your search to remove any completed reminders where yymmdd is before you closed your first reminder.

i'm currently only using tags for prioritization, stacks for folders. 

tried the reminderdonetime search operator, but it didn't display any of my completed reminders (yes, i tried various dates). 

currently, my default notebook is the "to-do list". Is it possible to set it such that when creating a new reminder, my reminders will go straight into a reminder notebook? the default notebook will still stay as the to-do list though.

• Level 5*

tried the reminderdonetime search operator, but it didn't display any of my completed reminders (yes, i tried various dates). 

currently, my default notebook is the "to-do list". Is it possible to set it such that when creating a new reminder, my reminders will go straight into a reminder notebook? the default notebook will still stay as the to-do list though.

Not sure EN will do exactly what you want.  I'm assuming you don't like the snippet view which with your single notebook usage would display open reminders "free of charge".  If you like list view, I think there below are two ways you might try to implement your process within the capabilities of En, assuming you keep all your reminders in the notebook to-do-list.  

1. The above search parameter -reminderdonetime:20yymmdd works for me to eliminate completed reminders from a search (with the leading minus sign).  In my case I use -reminderdonetime:20130601 to remove all completed reminders.  Create a saved search of all notes in your to-do-list notebook using this parameter and put it in the shortcuts bar.  One click to what I think you want?
  2. Create a tag called Closed (or whatever), and create a saved search of your to-do-list notebook with -tag:Closed.  Save this search in the shortcuts bar.  One click again.

I'm reasonably sure either of these methods would work, I would opt for 1 since it does not have the overhead of having to add a tag for each completion.  Not sure why reminderdonetime parameter is not working for you.  That might be worth a trouble ticket.

Not sure EN will do exactly what you want.  I'm assuming you don't like the snippet view which with your single notebook usage would display open reminders "free of charge".  If you like list view, I think there below are two ways you might try to implement your process within the capabilities of En, assuming you keep all your reminders in the notebook to-do-list.  

1. The above search parameter -reminderdonetime:20yymmdd works for me to eliminate completed reminders from a search (with the leading minus sign).  In my case I use -reminderdonetime:20130601 to remove all completed reminders.  Create a saved search of all notes in your to-do-list notebook using this parameter and put it in the shortcuts bar.  One click to what I think you want?
  2. Create a tag called Closed (or whatever), and create a saved search of your to-do-list notebook with -tag:Closed.  Save this search in the shortcuts bar.  One click again.

I'm reasonably sure either of these methods would work, I would opt for 1 since it does not have the overhead of having to add a tag for each completion.  Not sure why reminderdonetime parameter is not working for you.  That might be worth a trouble ticket.

thanks.

wanted to submit a support ticket through the premium tab, and got stuck here instead.. :

1tOgBsW.jpg

Archived