[Request] Selective Sync

I would like to request a selective sync feature.

Many users have reported problems with using Evernote both in personal and work life.
Most of us are concerned about our personal information being available on our work computer and for a good reason.
Workarounds like separate accounts with shared notebooks or logging on and off every day are really poor solutions to that problem.
Evernote should be an extension of our brains, not a set of extensions that needs to be bent to meet our needs.

I would like developers to consider introducing an option to select which notebooks are synced on every client.
It could be a part of set-up procedure on every device or an additional feature that is disabled by default but could be enabled on selected devices.\

Changing this option should be password protected so that we can leave our evernote clients logged in without worry about our personal information or someone changing which notebooks are synced.

You could even make it a premium feature. That way new users won't be overwhelmed by additional set-up requirement but premium users will get additional value. I am sure that it is a feature that would attract new users to the premium plan.

I would love to hear what other users and developers think about that idea.

• Level 5*

Sounds great to me. It would kill two birds with one stone: people uncomfortable using it at work because you have to download everything onto your machine, and people trying to fit everything onto computers with little storage space. Add encrypted notebooks into the mix and you have an outstanding and unique service that can be used for everything from personal to enterprise materials.

Guest mrossk

Selective sync of notebooks and a asking for the evernote-password to add a further synced notebook that is already on the servers is exactly what I also need.

Currently I feel not good to have all my (some very private) notes stored on my computer at work so they are visible with only one (accidentally) click or serarch-result while others are behind me or sometimes connected via remote control.

But I need them synced on my smartphone. So local-only notebooks are no option in this case.

Marcel.

Selective sync of notebooks and a asking for the evernote-password to add a further synced notebook that is already on the servers is exactly what I also need.

Currently I feel not good to have all my (some very private) notes stored on my computer at work so they are visible with only one (accidentally) click or serarch-result while others are behind me or sometimes connected via remote control.

But I need them synced on my smartphone. So local-only notebooks are no option in this case.

Marcel.

In this case you may be wise to run two Evernote accounts, one that includes your work, and one dedicated to your private stuff. 

You can share a notebook between the two for any information that might be required in both settings, but at least this way the very personal stuff stays out of your work database. 

Guest mrossk

I have tried to run two evernote accounts. But over the time it has been too complicated to handle 2 accounts, especially on small mobile devices where you have to switch between this two account day by day. This is not really usable and also has not worked very stable.

I have tried to run two evernote accounts. But over the time it has been too complicated to handle 2 accounts, especially on small mobile devices where you have to switch between this two account day by day. This is not really usable and also has not worked very stable.

Absolutist agree. It's a very limited workaround.

Archived